ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

suryavaddi

Tier 1 General Extension

Post by suryavaddi » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:25 pm

Hi All,

Just I want to apply for tier1 general extension within two months and my present visa is expiring 6 May 12.

How many days before should I apply to my tier1 general visa extension? Just I am thinking to apply before 6 April 12 i.e., 2nd or 3rd or 4th of April 12. Is it ok or Should I apply before expiring within month i.e., 10days or 15 days before? Please help me anyone.........

Based on ukba immigration site, from 6 April 12 onwards Tier1 general visa fees are increased to £1500 each plus if any dependants £750 each total £2250.

Based on new rules, Do I need to submit biometric when I apply or Should I wait for biometric letter from immigration?

[/b]
Surya

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:52 pm

Hi,

Before reading my answer below, I am making an assumption that you are applying by post.

You can apply anytime you wish as long as it is before your visa expiry date and you meet the qualifying points required. Given your scenario, you can probably apply towards the end of March or just before April 6th so that you don't have to pay the new fee cost and you also have no shortfall when applying for I.L.R.

When you apply, you will be sent instructions on how and when to submit biometrics. so just focus on getting all the documents you need for your application.

Kind Regards

suryavaddi

Post by suryavaddi » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:01 am

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I am applying by post.

Regards,
Surya

ankurlamba
Newly Registered

Tier1 General extension

Post by ankurlamba » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:15 am

Hi All,

My tier1 general visa expires in June end
Can I apply for renew in April
Also can you please let me know the procedure for applying on priority

Thanx

suryavaddi

Post by suryavaddi » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:54 am

hi,

You can apply if you get qualifying required points but when you apply for I.L.R you may be getting shorfall then you need to get one more extension based on other guys were got problem.

1. Are you planning to apply before 6 April or after?
2. Are you applying by post or PEO?
Surya

ankurlamba
Newly Registered

Post by ankurlamba » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:02 am

I am planning to file in person and get the visa on same day ... is this possible

supernova

Post by supernova » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:17 am

Yes you can..

I personally applied via PEO appointment more than 2 months in advance and I got the visa without any issues.

write2lux
Newly Registered

Post by write2lux » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:44 am

supernova wrote:Yes you can..

I personally applied via PEO appointment more than 2 months in advance and I got the visa without any issues.
Hi,
Did you have your biometric done before? Did you get your extension on the same day as your interview?

Hightly appreciate a quick response!