ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 visa extension due to dissertation failure

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ayoadebayo
Newly Registered

Tier 4 visa extension due to dissertation failure

Post by ayoadebayo » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:13 pm

Hello all,
My visa expires on 31-01-2012 and my MSc dissertation re-submission is due at the end of February or rather,my new course end date is February 29.The University has agreed to give me a new CAS. I want to know the usual length of an extension due to a failed project.I want to know if the extension would cover me till March 12 when the result will be approved by the academic board so that i can apply for PSW visa without needing to leave the country all together (i want to avoid the £2800 maintenance because as it is now,i cannot meet that requirement if i have to extend my visa).

Thanks as i await replies

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:43 pm

The rules are the same as for initial applications. You will get and additional 2 or 4 months depending on the length of your course. Read the policy guidance.

ayoadebayo
Newly Registered

Post by ayoadebayo » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:20 am

Greenie wrote:The rules are the same as for initial applications. You will get and additional 2 or 4 months depending on the length of your course. Read the policy guidance.
In order words, am likely to granted four extra months after the 29th of February which still will enable me to apply for PSW visa without needing to go out of the country.That will be nice then.

PSW WORRIES

same issues

Post by PSW WORRIES » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:45 am

Hi, i had an extenuating circumstance, so I was not able to finish my dissertation before my visa expired in October 2011. I went back to my country to re apply in December (dissertation submission was 18th January).
I was given a visa in my country for just 2 months to complete the dissertation.
I thought this was a mistake, because my other mates with the same issues all had their visas renewed till May 2012.
I got the international student department to write the home office and they replied that my recent application from my country was seen as a new application for a new course and not a continuing course (which was the real situation).
I went on and submitted my dissertation and I decided to reapply for an extension to complete my outstanding ACCA papers.
I went for the premium service, but the immigration officer withheld his decision, in order to further investigate my case.
Now my results for the dissertation is out and though i am eligible for the post study work visa, i still have the following issues:
1) result letter will be out in 7 days.
2)visa expired on the 18th of feb
3) still have not heard from the HO.
4) Maintenance for PSW will not be ready till March 20.

Pls, what do i do now?[/list]