ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant question

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

leony

Dependant question

Post by leony » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:06 am

I am in the UK with Tier 1 general and my fiancee is also in the UK with another type of visa.
We want to get married and get her my dependant
I understand that to do this we need to go back to our country to get married and make a fresh entry clearance application for her.
My question is if she gets refused for some reason, can she enter the UK with her existing visa?
What happens if her existing visa expires while she is in the UK and we are also married?
Under which category she will be applying for?
I checked the immigration rules and could not find anything related.
Any help is appreciated.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:43 am

She can re-enter with her existing visa if it's valid and she intends to enter for the purpose of pursuing the activities permitted by that category, whatever that happens to be (rather than merely to live with you). She can't switch her status to PBS dependant from inside the UK and would need to leave and apply as your dependant from her home country.