ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it possible to extend/pr visa being away from UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sssabc

Is it possible to extend/pr visa being away from UK

Post by sssabc » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:17 am

Hi All,

Thanks to all the people who are supporting and sharing your experence to all..

I need your comments on the following situation:-

I recently got extended my tier 1 visa till 2014 and wondering to move to NZ and settle there.. So wondering if I move can I come to UK wiht this visa in 2014 again to extend and am I able to extend my visa so that I can keep UK Visa in parallel to NZ?

I heard that I need to be in UK in order to get PR/Citizenship for entire 5 years? Also extension as well?

Need your comments on above.. and also whcih one would be better to settle and for more opportunitites.. I am in to SAP.

Thanks
Rajeev

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:41 am

You can continue to extend from inside the UK if you make sufficient points (presumably using your overseas income). However, if you have absences of more than 3 months you will have a gap in your five year residence period. It will be reset to zero when you return.