ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 yrs qualifying period: Is it from grant of approval letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rkk

5 yrs qualifying period: Is it from grant of approval letter

Post by rkk » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:03 am

hi guys,
If any body can help of 5 yrs ILR qualifying period: Is it from grant of approval letter or visa stamp valid from date. my friend got HSMP here in UK after finishing his studies and then applied for HSMP and got approval letter but for stamping he applied 4 months later b.coz approval letter valid for 6 months.

can anybody help is ILR qualifying period starting from HSMP approval letter date or visa date

thanks for the help

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:21 am

Visa date if initial entry is within 3 months. Else, initial entry date.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rkk

Post by rkk » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:28 am

vinny wrote:Visa date if initial entry is within 3 months. Else, initial entry date.
hi vinny, thanks for the quick reply

but he was here in UK only on student visa that time. No initial entry for him. his initial entry in 2004 on student visa then he is applied for HSMP from here in UK only

he recently met one solicitor in London, he said to him that u can eligible from grant of HSMP approval letter.

any idea please???????????

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:52 am

You may have misused the term "visa".

I think that the qualifying period under applicable work category started from the initial grant of leave to remain as an HSMP holder.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rkk

Post by rkk » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:14 am

thanks for the reply vinny

m3m3m
Newly Registered

Post by m3m3m » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:43 pm

Hi Vinny,
i am under similar situation.
i delayed journey, came 94 days late from visa issue date.
UKBA says upto 3 months delay is ok, but if i have 4 days more than three months will they consider this for ILR.
if no Please suggest the alternative

Many Thanks.

hsmpengineer
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by hsmpengineer » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:20 pm

For in country HSMP guys the qualifying period starts from the date shown on the visa stamp in your passport and NOT the date shown on the approval letter. I am in a similar situation and I called up the home office regarding this and they said "DO NOT apply earlier than 28 days before the expiry of your current visa".

hsmpengineer
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by hsmpengineer » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:21 pm

hsmpengineer
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by hsmpengineer » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:26 pm

m3m3m you are not in a similar situation to the original poster. He described a situation where HSMP was obtain through an in-country application. In your case you clearly obtained your HSMP outside the UK.

rkk

Post by rkk » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:36 am

hi hsmpengineer, thanks for the reply,

even me contacted that solicitor on friday, he said same to me as well. here in my place more than 20 pple on the similar situation they r all contacted different solicitors(paid) they r also saying the same thing.

but in your linked mail from UK Border Agency they said "6th March 2007 is the date of grant for LTR as an HSMP" what that means. can u please enquire as well

thanks

hsmpengineer
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by hsmpengineer » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:15 am

you are correct, it is abit confusing. after reading the email from ukba i was more confused than ever so i called them and the person i spoke to said "apply 28 days before the expiry of your current visa" so I chose to do that to be safe rather than sorry lol

rkk

Post by rkk » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:23 pm

hsmpengineer wrote:you are correct, it is abit confusing. after reading the email from ukba i was more confused than ever so i called them and the person i spoke to said "apply 28 days before the expiry of your current visa" so I chose to do that to be safe rather than sorry lol
hi hsmpengineer,

wt do u say now, is it from approval date or visa date?

thanks

hsmpengineer
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by hsmpengineer » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:59 pm

I have decided to base my application on the dates shown on my visa and not the date of my approval letter. I'll rather be safe than sorry, i dont think i can bear the thought of losing £1,350 if they choose to refuse my application on the grounds of dates.