ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions on Tier 1 extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ujjwalshrestha
Newly Registered

Questions on Tier 1 extension

Post by ujjwalshrestha » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:22 pm

I need to apply for extension (including dependent's extension) - my expiry date is beginning of May.

I have few questions, I would greatly appreciate if members could answer based on their experience.

1) I am planning to apply in the first week of March via post. That will be 2 months ahead of the expiry date. From the forum entry, I have seen the applications are taking 6-8 weeks. I also need to notify my employer few weeks ahead so that if for some unfortunate reason, if I'm not able to continue working with them, they have enough time to look for my replacement

2) Do I need to send the cover letter in addition to the application form. I included cover letter for my initial application. However, the application form has changed a lot since then and the new form is very comprehensive now. In my opinion, the cover letter might still help for the case worker to go through all the docs, but I want to know what others have experienced?

3) In my initial application, I sent the original documents for my supporting evidence, and also included photocopies and requested to return the original back. I do want my original payslip and bank statement back if I plan to apply for mortgage in the future.

4) For the UK experience, do I need to send any evidence since I am working in UK for last 3 years which is supported by my payslip and bank statement.

5) Evidence for education qualification & English competency was already provided with initial application, do i still need to send my certificate? Or should I atleast send the photocopies?

6) In my initial application, I claimed 5 points from age assessment by applying 3 days before my 32nd birthday. From my passport, home office can only see that I have already passed my 32nd birthday when my visa issued, but won't know when I applied. So do I need to send additional doc to show the date of my initial application to demonstrate that I'm eligible for 5 points from age assessment.

shahjee11

Post by shahjee11 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:35 pm

1) By reading the experiences of others on these forums, Its almost taking 2 months for a straight forward postal application. I dont think you will be significantly early to apply.

2) Do send the covering letter. It really helps the case worker quickly get to the nature of the case and makes things easier for them. Do keep a copy of the letter as well.

3) HO will normally send all your originals back to you and I dont think they require a copy as it is no where mentioned in the guidance.

4) points for UK experience will be awarded when you prove your earnings. You will have to mention this in your covering letter.

5) Just mention in the letter that you have already provided certificates in your initial application. Keep things simple and as per the guidance.

6) If you were awarded 5 points for your age in the initial leave then you will have to mention the date you sent the application if it was by post the date you sent it and if by courier, the date it was received by HO. You sould get the same points in such circumstances.

hope this helps. all the best.