ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How many times

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rshelar
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

How many times

Post by rshelar » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:16 pm

Hi,

Can someone please let me know if there is a limit on the number of times a person can extend his Tier 1 General visa?

I am aware that no new applications can be made. I am on Tier 1 General and have already extended once.

I will now be eligible for ILR in a years time, but in case I forsee problems for ILR am I still allowed to extend by Tier 1 even if I have already extended it once? Is there a limit? My initial visa was for 3 years and then for 2 years, if I am allowed to extend how long will I get ?

Looking forward to reply......

marzooq

Post by marzooq » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:24 pm

As far as I know, currently these is no limit for the number of extensions you make. but possibly it will be capped at some point. but I don't think that you need to worry, as many people will need more than one extension, so they can't just come and say no more extensions, I think they should give notice.

rshelar
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rshelar » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:08 pm

Thank you.

Anyone who has extended more than one time or know someone who has?

Is there any link from UKBA which says there is no limit

Thanks in advance

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:23 pm

Excerpts from Tier 1 'Applying' section on UKBA website:

If we approve your extension application, you will be able to continue living and working in the UK for a maximum period of:

2 years if you are currently a Tier 1 (General) migrant and your current permission to stay was granted before 6 April 2010; or
3 years if you are in any other eligible immigration category.
At the end of this period, you may have lived continuously in the UK as a highly skilled migrant for 5 years. You can then apply to settle permanently in the UK. If you are not yet eligible for settlement, you can apply for permission to extend your stay under Tier 1 (General) again.

Link below:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... /applying/
Give me more Karma (+)

rshelar
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rshelar » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:40 pm

Thanks again.

So I take it that I can only extend if I am not yet eligible for ILR.

Do you know if someone has completed 5 years on T1G but still may not meet all conditions of ILR, but does meet them for Tier 1 General Extension, can he go for extension instead?

If the person is eligible for ILR but wishes to apply for an extension will he be allowed?

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:11 pm

Yes.

Just because you are paying additional money to UKBA for extension and then hopefully an ILR. Even if you choose to keep extending your Tier 1, UKBA will have no issues with that as you'd be paying them £1500 (main) + £750 (per dependant) every time you extend.
Give me more Karma (+)

rshelar
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rshelar » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:52 pm

Thanks a million quicksam.

One last thing - If anyone has extended more than once please reply.