ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(O) Application (Ancestry) - evidence of finances advice

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

the_ilr_boy
Newly Registered

SET(O) Application (Ancestry) - evidence of finances advice

Post by the_ilr_boy » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:42 am

Hi all,

I am hoping somebody on here may be able to give me some advice in regards to what I need to provide for SET(O) Ancestry application.

"Evidence of your finances. If you have to complete section 5, bank statements, building society savings
book(s), pay slips or other formal documents as evidence of your ability to maintain and accommodate yourself and any dependants without recourse to public funds. (See Note 5)."

As I am an Ancestry application, I do not need to complete section 9 of earnings, etc, so am I right in assuming I only need to provide details of current earnings?

I was self employed (sole director of limited company) for all bar the last two months, when I have taken on a permanent position.

I have a letter from my current (permanent) employer as well as payslips for the last two months.

I am not sure to what extent to which I need to provide evidence of earnings from previous (self) employment for the application, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am applying same day at Solihull PEO.

Thanks in advance!!

the_ilr_boy

settled_now

Post by settled_now » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:37 pm

I was on ancestry also.

You need to show three months bank statements / payslips.

A letter / statement from your accountant would be fine for the month you were self-employed and the figure should of course match your bank statement.