ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for dependent over 18 not completing 5 years.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abz120
Newly Registered

ILR for dependent over 18 not completing 5 years.

Post by abz120 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:13 am

Me and my wife came to UK together in May 2007 and have been living here since then.( Myself as HSMP holder and wife as dependent)
Our younger son joined us in September 2007. Our Elder son's application in December 2007 (who then was 17 years old) was rejected and after an appeal was granted entry. He entered UK in March 2009.

All four of us, Myself as Main applicant and three dependents had applied for extension under Tier1 general in April 2009 and was granted.
My wife and both our sons all dependent on me. Elder son who is 21 now lives with us and goes to the university and all expenses are taken care by me.
We are planning to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain in April 2012.
My query is
1) Can my younger son (16 years of age) doing his GCSE apply for ILR along with me and my wife (given that he has not completed 5 years.)

2) Can my elder son (21 years of age) doing his graduation apply for ILR along with me and my wife ( given that he has not completed 5 years) Both of them are completely dependent on us and all evidence is available to prove the same.

Any inputs are greatly appreciated.

PS: Until a year back UKBApublic​enquiries@U​KBA.gsi.gov​.uk would respond back with a proper reply after replying to the autoreply. But now it says it's no longer used for queries. Does any one have an email ID I can use to put across the same query to home office.

Regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:34 am

1. Yes.
2. Yes (KOL & separate form SET(O) required).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

abz120
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by abz120 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:28 am

Hello Vinny

Thanks a lot.

Any input on whether there is an alternative email address for general enquires to the home office.