ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Req. Documents for AN application on marriage

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

STLewis

Req. Documents for AN application on marriage

Post by STLewis » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:37 pm

Hi guys,

My friend is applying for citizenship - he is from Czech Republic and has been resident here approx 9 years. He met and married his english wife 6 years ago and since have had two sons.

Im helping him fill in the form and we are currently including the following:-

His passport, Life In Uk Test Pass Certificate, Wife's Passport and Marriage Certificate, since his application is based on marriage to british citizen.

As he is an EEA national, is he also required to provide the documents set out on the Border UK notes, aswell? i.e P60 or employers letter re employment etc for last five years Or is this just relevant for those applying, not on the basis for marriage.

They've asked me to help since they know I had dealt with my husband's spouse visa from Egypt and we are doing his ILR this year also - and seem to think I know everything about immigration!!! lol

We have tried ringing the helpline but after being on hold for several minutes, they then cut you off - which isn't particularly helpful!

I'd feel terrible if they took the fee from him and we had omitted to include everything.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Kellie

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:29 pm

In order to be eligible to apply for BC, a EEA national must hold a PR status. PR status is obtained after 5 continuous years of exercising treaty rights.

- What is his immigration status in the UK? Does he hold a ILR or a visa (If he has been here for 9 years, that means he arrived before CZ joined the EU in 2004).

- What did he do in those 9 years? Did he work/study?

- Did he register with the HO (WRS) as required by A8 nationals in certain cases?

STLewis

Post by STLewis » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:15 pm

Hi Jambo,

Thanks for your reply.

I need to double check with him, but I'm sure he has IDR. He came here and worked (no study at all), and I'm unsure as to whether he is registered with the HO.

I'm seeing him tonight so I'll speak with him.

Many thanks

STLewis

Post by STLewis » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:14 am

hi,

managed to find the Nationality Checking Service in our local area so have iven him their details to get in touch. Think that will be best!! Thanks