ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overstayed Visa for almost 10 years - Urgent Help Please.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lovedove
Newly Registered

Overstayed Visa for almost 10 years - Urgent Help Please.

Post by lovedove » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:01 pm

Thank you for taking the time to look at my post below. Let me begin:

I entered the UK in around 2002 when I (was abit over 18 ) including 2 other siblings (stepbrother and stepsister under 18 ) we where all brought over to the UK by our mother (then a UK student allowed to work 20hrs) for holiday in UK. Before our 6 week holiday was out, mother applied to put us under her visa as her dependents. We where ordered to submit further evidence of funds available to mother and why I, as over 18, could not support myself back in Africa or what did I have planned to do here in my stay (proof required). (UNFORTUNATELY - This order arrived at the previous address since we had moved house and my mother failed to inform them of the change. We recieved this letter from our old landlord after it had expired).

Mother replied anyway to the Home Office out of time stating she had only £700 in her account and that she will support us all since stepfather was now homeless (living at friends house) and demanded we stay here with her.

ALL my siblings where granted dependant visas under my mother and UNFORTUNATELY I was the only one REFUSED as I was over 18 by a few months and that my mother failed to respond to the letter in time and she only had £700. BUT THEN HOW COME MY YOUNG BROTHER AND SISTER WHERE GRANTED THEN, i just turned 18 a few months ago. They said I could appeal under section 82 and I did but then they refused me saying I applied after my leave to remain had expired and that I was still over 18 at time of application. I was told that I DO NOT HAVE TO RETURN BACK HOME but if I do not do so they MIGHT take steps to remove me (a statement which only added to my confusion).

From this point forward, I was probably labaled as an overstayer, personally I knew nothing about immigration at this time and relied on my mother, I was a bit clueless, I was just happy to be with my mother.

SO I waited to be returned by the home office but they did not come and after 1 and a half years. My stepfather-was then granted stay in the UK as spouse.

From pure fear of being returned alone, I decided to go to college for 4 years and gained good certificates. I later privately studied topics of interest and gained a number of official good certificates up to now. Have been just sitting at home.

Last year around June, the UKBA Case Resolution Directorate (CRD) send me a request, stating that my case was in a backlog of applications and they wanted to conclude my case - they requested 4 photographs, my passport, my birth certificate and any other educational certificates I had, So I send them without fail, BUT IM STILL WAITING, 1 YEAR and COUNTING.

Over these past years my mother gained various immigration status until finally she reached her 5 year work visa period this month. She applied for ILTR (Indefinate Leave to Remain this Feb/2012). We still waiting.

The situation:

I have been here for too long, almost 10 years though overstaying I think. Im lost as what to do. Need help and legal aid as I dont work.

The question:

What is your own advice on my situation and what should I do to be granted any type of stay if possible?

I HAVE TO THANK YOU FOR TAKING YOUR TIME TO READ MY SITUATION AND TAKING THE TIME TO HELP AND ADVICE ME, THANK YOU.
Last edited by lovedove on Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

t2f
Newly Registered

Post by t2f » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:45 pm

ive never been in this situation myself, it seems really tricky! id just seek help from an immigration lawyer, immigration is tough nowadays :-/ good luck though, i really hope ur able to sort something out!

lovedove
Newly Registered

Post by lovedove » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:23 pm

t2f wrote:ive never been in this situation myself, it seems really tricky! id just seek help from an immigration lawyer, immigration is tough nowadays :-/ good luck though, i really hope ur able to sort something out!

Thanks for wishing me luck, I need every little encouragement to sort this out. Cheers

daisyboo
Newly Registered

Re: your situation

Post by daisyboo » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:08 pm

Really sorry to hear about your situation.

You need to keep the faith that all will be well. However, I think you need to seek help from a lawyer.

I am in a position to assist you but I have been told that I came on this forum to drum up business. That is not the case at all. If you want me to help you can send your email address and I will tell you what you need to do.

All the best

lovedove
Newly Registered

Post by lovedove » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:31 am

daisyboo wrote:Really sorry to hear about your situation.

You need to keep the faith that all will be well. However, I think you need to seek help from a lawyer.

I am in a position to assist you but I have been told that I came on this forum to drum up business. That is not the case at all. If you want me to help you can send your email address and I will tell you what you need to do.

All the best
Thanks daisyboo, but since i dont work, i cant afford a lawyer unfortunately even the small consultation fees are out of might reach, i dont know if you provide free legal aid? I have come to a point where I do need any type of aid.

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:06 am

daisyboo wrote:Really sorry to hear about your situation.

All the best
As OP has asked a question in a public forum it would be beneficial to have his queries answered in the same manner as to help anyone else who may be in the same predicament.Why do you want to assist him outside the forum unless you misrepresent yourself as not wanting to drum up business

lovedove
Newly Registered

Post by lovedove » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:38 pm

updated my situation.