ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extension rule changed query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

saisun99
United Kingdom

Tier 1 Extension rule changed query

Post by saisun99 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:41 pm

Hello,

I did my Tier 1 - General visa on 14th May 2010 and now its expiring this year on 14th May 2012 i am thinking to get my extension done beforehand but just now i left confused by one of the agent as per him

The UKBA have now separated Tier 1 General visa extensions into two categories: 1) those clients that applied for their first HSMP/Tier 1 visa before 6th April 2010, 2) those clients that obtained their first Tier 1 (General) visa after 6th April 2010.

1. Clients that applied for their first HSMP/Tier 1 visa BEFORE 6th April 2010 will need to secure 75 points for their Age, Qualification, Earnings and UK Experience (exactly as they did when they first applied)

2. Clients that applied for their first Tier 1 (General) visa AFTER 6th April 2010 will need to secure 80 points for their Age, Qualification, Earnings and UK Experience (exactly as they did when they first applied)

Now question is i have done my visa after 6th april 10 so do i have to score 80 points??? but when i go to Point based calculaor it scores 75 points and says i have enough points to get the extension.
also could anybody please advice me if i can apply for extension 2 months before

Thanks very much
sai

jonbca

Post by jonbca » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:44 pm

According to this:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... igibility/

The 80-point threshold applied from 19 July 2010, not 6 Apr 2010.