ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How can I show that my Tier 1 visa is being extended

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

superman008
Newly Registered

How can I show that my Tier 1 visa is being extended

Post by superman008 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:22 pm

Applied for my Tier 1 (General) extension on the 26th of January and got a letter from the home office saying they have received my application, and I've not heard from them after that.

Now, I'm in a situation where I've got a new contract job and the agent is asking for my visa, if I tell him that my visa is in the process of being renewed I'll probably loose the contract.

I'm wondering if there is a way of getting my passport back urgently from the home office, or at least a letter stating that my visa is due to be extended?

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:23 pm

Getting passport won't be a good idea as this would mean you are withdrawing your application.
Also HO won’t entertain your query unless its with them for more than 6 months. So only thing you can do is wait.

superman008
Newly Registered

Post by superman008 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:50 am

Is there a possibility to start my job with client and let them know that the passport/visa details will be given in a couple of weeks?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:12 am

See also Need Help Plz.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

supernova

Post by supernova » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:49 pm

My wife was being asked by her employer to prove that she is getting her visa extended. We just submitted a copy of PEO appointment confirmation which was agreed by the HR. They just asked her to update them once she receives the extension.

pkat
Newly Registered

Post by pkat » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:12 am

@ superman008,
Asking for the passport back is not a right way, alternatively see if u can produce your application confirmation letter from UKBA and the link below (refer the last point which says your immigration status while your application is under consideration) to your new contractor..

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ding-stay/#

hope this helps..

superman008
Newly Registered

Post by superman008 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:14 pm

supernova wrote:My wife was being asked by her employer to prove that she is getting her visa extended. We just submitted a copy of PEO appointment confirmation which was agreed by the HR. They just asked her to update them once she receives the extension.
My previous employer with whom I had a permanent role wouldn't have objected to wait till I get the visa, however I'm sceptical whether a new employer would be willing to take the risk and sign me on.

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:21 pm

if you are applying for a new role in another company, all you can show is copy of your old LTR if you have one, copy of passport, UKBA acknowledgment/biometric letters & Section 3C of the Immigration Act which says your LTR is valid till your application is decided

A new employer may still be hesitant to take you on because of the uncertainty of a positive outcome of the application

Goodluck
Manka

superman008
Newly Registered

Post by superman008 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:37 pm

Manka10 wrote:if you are applying for a new role in another company, all you can show is copy of your old LTR if you have one, copy of passport, UKBA acknowledgment/biometric letters & Section 3C of the Immigration Act which says your LTR is valid till your application is decided

A new employer may still be hesitant to take you on because of the uncertainty of a positive outcome of the application

Goodluck
Thanks - This is the approach I'm going to take. After all I'm legally entitled to work and I'm very confident my visa will get extended.

superman008
Newly Registered

Visa checking when going for contract role through agency

Post by superman008 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:57 pm

As it's my first time contracting through an agency just want to know if it's the Agent or the end Client who checks on my visa status?

If it's the agent, convincing the agent is more doable as I've formed a very good relationship with the head-hunter.

katwmn6

Re: Visa checking when going for contract role through agenc

Post by katwmn6 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:11 pm

superman008 wrote:As it's my first time contracting through an agency just want to know if it's the Agent or the end Client who checks on my visa status?

If it's the agent, convincing the agent is more doable as I've formed a very good relationship with the head-hunter.
In my experience it has been the agent, but this may vary.

Best of luck!