ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Post Study Work (Urgent. results after 4th april 2012)

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AKhalid
Newly Registered

Post Study Work (Urgent. results after 4th april 2012)

Post by AKhalid » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:51 pm

I need to ask u guys about my psw visa which has become a big issue for me. I did masters degree in uk which completed in jan 2012. The problem is i got a resit in m project which has a resubmission date on 27th april 2012. By the time i finish resubmission the last date for psw visa application will be far gone which is 4th april 2012. Kindly anyone can show me a route on how to get my psw visa or atleast try to get it in this situation.

AKhalid
Newly Registered

Post by AKhalid » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:59 pm

one solution which a lawyer told me is to apply with any provisional docs which i can get from university and wait for appeal. by the time the appeal comes i will have my results which could help me in getting the visa..

RandomPasserby
Newly Registered

Post by RandomPasserby » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:45 pm

Are you allowed to resubmit it earlier and get your results earlier as well?

AKhalid
Newly Registered

Post by AKhalid » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:12 am

I may be allowed to resubmit early but sure that the result will be late...

hham1224

Post by hham1224 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:46 am

AKhalid wrote:one solution which a lawyer told me is to apply with any provisional docs which i can get from university and wait for appeal. by the time the appeal comes i will have my results which could help me in getting the visa..
Well there are two important things to consider in your case

1. UKBA don’t accept any Provisional Certificates and your application may be refused
2. Very important, from June 2011 UKBA wont accept any new document(s) i.e. The documents which you haven’t provided when you made your application and you intend to provide them it in the appeal. The reference to this is (if I am not wrong) Section 8 of the UK Border Act and came in to force in June 2011.

I remember this as when I went to my appeal there was some problems with my funds and I have to include another bank statement. On the same day this law came in to force and Judge gave me a discretion that the official time of the law coming it to force will be 10:00 hrs and we started my hearing at 09:55.

So make sure that you are fully aware of Section 8 UK border act.

envisageamit0024
Newly Registered

Same Problem

Post by envisageamit0024 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:29 pm

I had a resubmission of my dissertation on 31st Dec. My Results are already out and I have cleared my dissertation according to the university. But they are not ready to finalize my results as the Board that finalizes everything won't be meeting until May. I am very sure I will graduate in June. But since the PSW is being cancelled and I have only provisional results to support my case, What do I do? I was asked to involve a immigration lawyer by my Career advisory services will that help? Thanks Amit.

P.S What If I attach transcripts and a letter detailing all the situation along with my application, Will they consider this? Please advice

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:42 pm

hham1224 wrote:Well there are two important things to consider in your case

1. UKBA don’t accept any Provisional Certificates and your application may be refused
2. Very important, from June 2011 UKBA wont accept any new document(s) i.e. The documents which you haven’t provided when you made your application and you intend to provide them it in the appeal. The reference to this is (if I am not wrong) Section 8 of the UK Border Act and came in to force in June 2011.

I remember this as when I went to my appeal there was some problems with my funds and I have to include another bank statement. On the same day this law came in to force and Judge gave me a discretion that the official time of the law coming it to force will be 10:00 hrs and we started my hearing at 09:55.

So make sure that you are fully aware of Section 8 UK border act.
That may be incorrect.

Are you referring to section 19?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.