ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

waiting for the Biometric notification letter !!

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zfl86
Newly Registered

waiting for the Biometric notification letter !!

Post by zfl86 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:38 am

Hi, I have still waited for my biometric notification letter, I applied for PSW and submited it 24/12/2011, and I received the ackowndgement letter at 05/01/2012, now it has been 7 weeks but haven't received the biometric notification. is it a terrible situation?? shall I contact the UK agency, I called the number 08706067766, no one answered! is there anyone like me? how can I do?

derlin

Re: waiting for the Biometric notification letter !!

Post by derlin » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:43 am

zfl86 wrote:Hi, I have still waited for my biometric notification letter, I applied for PSW and submitted it 24/12/2011, and I received the acknowledgement letter at 05/01/2012, now it has been 7 weeks but haven't received the biometric notification. is it a terrible situation?? shall I contact the UK agency, I called the number 08706067766, no one answered! is there anyone like me? how can I do?
It's neither a terrible nor safe situation. You've taken the appropriate step to call, and yet no response. This has been the experience of some applicants in similar situation like you. It's advisable to wait though not a comfortable option.

golekipro

Post by golekipro » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:17 pm

call at the same number and than press 4 that is for general inquires than press one for biometrics and hold may be it will 10-15min that someone will answer than tell them along with your reference number that it been more than 4 weeks they will ask you few questions like passport number, your date of birth full name reference number etc than they can tell you whether your biometrics is on the way or lost some where so you can tell them that you have not got it they can even issue a new one

jjavaid
Newly Registered

PSW Visa Application

Post by jjavaid » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:07 am

Hi .. I applied on the 18th of Jan .. Received an acknowledgement letter dated the 23rd of Jan .. But since then have not received my Biometrics Invitation .. This is sort of worrying me now .. However a couple of my classmates who applied the same time i did .. give or take a day are in the same situation ..

Can anyone advise the best course of action .. ?

A classmate of mine applied on the 5th of Jan and got her visa on the 23rd of Feb .. Should I just wait or call them to inquire?

zfl86
Newly Registered

Re: PSW Visa Application

Post by zfl86 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:21 am

jjavaid wrote:Hi .. I applied on the 18th of Jan .. Received an acknowledgement letter dated the 23rd of Jan .. But since then have not received my Biometrics Invitation .. This is sort of worrying me now .. However a couple of my classmates who applied the same time i did .. give or take a day are in the same situation ..

Can anyone advise the best course of action .. ?

A classmate of mine applied on the 5th of Jan and got her visa on the 23rd of Feb .. Should I just wait or call them to inquire?
don' t worry about that, if you haven't received the letter in 4 weeks, calling the 08 number and ask them

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Post by ice_breaker » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:44 am

I guess as the deadline is getting closer, maximum applicants are applying in order to secure the PSW visa. this could be the reason for delay. you have submitted you application acknowledgement received soon you will get bio letter too :)

zfl86
Newly Registered

Re: waiting for the Biometric notification letter !!

Post by zfl86 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:14 pm

zfl86 wrote:Hi, I have still waited for my biometric notification letter, I applied for PSW and submited it 24/12/2011, and I received the ackowndgement letter at 05/01/2012, now it has been 7 weeks but haven't received the biometric notification. is it a terrible situation?? shall I contact the UK agency, I called the number 08706067766, no one answered! is there anyone like me? how can I do?
till today, I finally got my notification letter which be posted at 14/02/2012! luckily, I went to the birmingham post office to enroll biometric information at the afternoon 27/02/2012, it is not over the 15 days. so who know the time I have to wait my passport and the BRP card???