ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish Passport for Baby born from Stamp 1A parent ?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ashley_m
Newly Registered

Irish Passport for Baby born from Stamp 1A parent ?

Post by Ashley_m » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:35 pm

Hi, Can i apply apply for irish passport for my baby am on stamp 1A since 4 years now and my husband is Stamp 2. I have seen on one dublin sollicitor website that some have been successful and some not.

Anybody can help please.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:30 pm

there is more details www.dfa.ie ,www.inis.gov.ie

adlexy

Re: Irish Passport for Baby born from Stamp 1A parent ?

Post by adlexy » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:49 pm

Ashley_m wrote:Hi, Can i apply apply for irish passport for my baby am on stamp 1A since 4 years now and my husband is Stamp 2. I have seen on one dublin sollicitor website that some have been successful and some not.

Anybody can help please.
On a general note, I will assume that your child should be entitled to the Irish citizenship based on the 3years rule as you have the Stamp 1A for four years. That is assuming that your child was born in Ireland AFTER you have been living here legally for at least a minimum of 36months :)

However, rather than seek assurances on this forum, some of which may be bizarre and unrealistic, I will suggest that you invest e25 in an application for the passport for your child through the An Post, complete an application and send it off to the passport offices. I think you should get a validly acceptable response in two weeks.

Alternatively, you may have a chat with the solicitor who claimed this is possible.

All the best

starbuck

Post by starbuck » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:49 pm

Ashley_m wrote:Hi, Can i apply apply for irish passport for my baby am on stamp 1A since 4 years now and my husband is Stamp 2. I have seen on one dublin sollicitor website that some have been successful and some not.

Anybody can help please.
When you child is born did the hospital give a birth certificate that he/she is irish ? the passport only reiterates the nationality as per my understanding.

thanks
*$

Ashley_m
Newly Registered

Post by Ashley_m » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:13 pm

The birth Certificate only says born in dublin etc - not much on this one and i have checked on inis website and dfa website also but nothing about this on the website. See that website http://brophysolicitorsimmigration.blog ... r-not.html - there is a confusion going on about so am much more confused now if i can at least try or not

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:59 pm

there is no point to waste 100 euro for solicitors advise.in dublin there is few immigrantion oraganistion .www.mrci.ie www.immigrantcouncil.ie they both are free to provide you free legal advise

adlexy

Post by adlexy » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:38 pm

starbuck wrote:

Anybody can help please.
When you child is born did the hospital give a birth certificate that he/she is irish ? the passport only reiterates the nationality as per my understanding.

thanks
*$
BC do not define the nationality of a child.

adlexy

Post by adlexy » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:53 pm

Ashley_m wrote:The birth Certificate only says born in dublin etc - not much on this one and i have checked on inis website and dfa website also but nothing about this on the website. See that website http://brophysolicitorsimmigration.blog ... r-not.html - there is a confusion going on about so am much more confused now if i can at least try or not
Ashley_m,

I am back again to suggest that an investment of less than e25 will clear this out for you with no ambiguity :) !

As suggested about free legal services; what will you do if they say this is not possible? Or what will you do if they assure you it will be issued? What if whatever they say, they are wrong?

There is only one issuing authority in Ireland, the Passport Office! Send an application to them, if the child is qualified, the passport will be issued. If the child is not qualified, you will get a response back with a clear detail of why.

Rather than unending researches and a long list of self acclaimed authorities on immigration issues telling different stories, bite the bullet, invest e25 and received your passport in the post within 2weeks.

One other thing you could do is request a letter from the Deputy Superintendent at GNIB to outline your reckon-able residence in the state. You can then add this letter to your child's application.

I am waiting to hear your good news as that will define this as a test case :).

All the best!

Ashley_m
Newly Registered

Post by Ashley_m » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:57 pm

Thanks for your advice. Yes that will be the last resort if i don't get a right answer from anyone who got it or got refused in the past.
If anybody has ever applied a child irish passport when on stamp1 A plz let me know.

Great Thanks

iluvireland

Post by iluvireland » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:35 pm

i have few friends who has 1a stamp sorry to say that they didnt get passport for there sons becos stamp 1a is like student visa stamp 2,
only they count stamp 1, 3,4,5,6,
even if you change your stamp 1A to 1, still 1A STAMP will not be countable
but there posibility to come any good news any time,god bless you n ur family,

Ashley_m
Newly Registered

Post subject: Re: Irish Passport for Baby born from Stamp 1A

Post by Ashley_m » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:16 pm

Hi iluvireland,

Did your friends applied and applications got rejected ?
Thanks

iluvireland

Post by iluvireland » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:23 pm

yes,,,,