ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR to Citizenship - Character requirements!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sardar
Newly Registered

ILR to Citizenship - Character requirements!

Post by sardar » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:38 pm

I am on ILR and waiting to complete 12 months before i apply for citizenship!

I have read somewhere that if one gets 2 parking tickets during these 12 months he has to wait until the point where it reaches to 1 ticket in a year! Am i correct?

My question - What happens if one gets speeding ticket with 3 points on license during these 12 months? Will that delay the process in obtaining british passport?

Many Thanks

Smallfamily

Re: ILR to Citizenship - Character requirements!

Post by Smallfamily » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:54 pm

Yes you are right...if one gets 2 parking tickets during these 12 months he has to wait until the point where it reaches to 1 ticket in a year!

No it won't delay if you have only 3 fixed penalty points in the last 12 months of ur application of neutralization... once you neutralize as british citizen then u can apply for ur passport.

tbbcuk

Post by tbbcuk » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:17 pm

Do we have to disclose parking ticket on the form?

I had one in 2003 (parked in double yellow line), and I am submitting my application in 2 days time.

Smallfamily

Post by Smallfamily » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:06 am

tbbcuk wrote:Do we have to disclose parking ticket on the form?

I had one in 2003 (parked in double yellow line), and I am submitting my application in 2 days time.
No

sardar
Newly Registered

home office

Post by sardar » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:04 pm

Thanks for your reply Smallfamily...btw how does home office knows that parking tickets were issued if one doesn't declare them?

addh
- thin ice -

Re: ILR to Citizenship - Character requirements!

Post by addh » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:29 am

Smallfamily wrote:Yes you are right...if one gets 2 parking tickets during these 12 months he has to wait until the point where it reaches to 1 ticket in a year!

No it won't delay if you have only 3 fixed penalty points in the last 12 months of ur application of neutralization... once you neutralize as british citizen then u can apply for ur passport.

I dont think parking tickets matter! its a PCN not a FPN!

Smallfamily

Re: home office

Post by Smallfamily » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:34 am

sardar wrote:Thanks for your reply Smallfamily...btw how does home office knows that parking tickets were issued if one doesn't declare them?
HO doesn't want to know abt parking tickets...HO only wants to know about speeding tickets or any related offence i.e. drink driving etc.

And yes I do apologize for understanding ur question wrong...

even if you have 2 parking tickets in last 12 months then not a problem but if you have more than 1 fixed penalty tickets (when u get points endorersed on the licence) then it is a problem...

Hope this helps