ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Next Steps after the HSMP Approval

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

from_india

Next Steps after the HSMP Approval

Post by from_india » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:17 pm

Hi All,

I recently obtained the HSMP approval. Now, I guess the next step is to apply for the EC. I dont want to apply for EC untill I get a job offer in hand.

Q1. Do the UK companies offer jobs looking at only HSMP approval or do they ask for the EC?
Q2. Assuming that companies may offer jobs based on the HSMP approval, I guess it would help if I attach the offer latter to the EC application form. Somebody please throw some light on this.
Q3. How long does it take to obtain the EC (from India)?

Any comments, suggestions, advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

gundep
Newly Registered

Post by gundep » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:45 pm

Hi,

two days ago, i put my resume on jobserve.com with two lines on top of resume. ' got hsmp approval, need job offer to land in uk in a week time'.
i got phone call from consultant for job which i applied same day. he said he would send preliminary offer letter bla bla bla. so may be u can try putting ur cv on jobserve and try applying for jobs.
btw, i need advise on how u applied for hsmp, i.e on ur own or thru consultant. am also planning to apply this month.
its tough to get current employer service certificate. how did u manage.
pl call me on 99481 23277. i will help u on job matter and u tell me abt how u applied.
thanks
Lakshmi Narayana