ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:27 pm

prince007 wrote:
syma wrote:ITS GOING TO BE 11WKS TOMORROW SINCE I APLLIED...
i think i should start gathering up info about 'reconsideration' and 'appeal' prepare for the worst if God forbid that was to happen..
so in wot circumtances a 'reconsidreation' can be applied for and how long does that take?

Hi Sis, dont lose your hopes, Inshallah You will get a positive reply. Keep making Dua. And havent you emailed them to find out why they taking time and whats happning with the application?
my husband did, and he got a reply last wednesday saying its under process and a decision will be made shortly...dunno how long this' shortly' is going to be.
visa-grante:25.10.12

prince007

Post by prince007 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:38 pm

syma wrote:
prince007 wrote:
syma wrote:ITS GOING TO BE 11WKS TOMORROW SINCE I APLLIED...
i think i should start gathering up info about 'reconsideration' and 'appeal' prepare for the worst if God forbid that was to happen..
so in wot circumtances a 'reconsidreation' can be applied for and how long does that take?

Hi Sis, dont lose your hopes, Inshallah You will get a positive reply. Keep making Dua. And havent you emailed them to find out why they taking time and whats happning with the application?
my husband did, and he got a reply last wednesday saying its under process and a decision will be made shortly...dunno how long this' shortly' is going to be.
Not to worry, Inshallah you should get reply this week, Keep making Dua and email them again.

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:41 pm

Thank you..hope we all get the good news soon inshAllah.

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:54 pm

thx evry1 ameen to ur duas and i wish the same for u guys too :)

hina sis...wht reconsideration means is 'review' basically..and it takes 3 months..

syma sis...Inshallah im prayin for u and prince tht u hear sum good news this week :)..

general ur a top bro...thx

m.k

Post by m.k » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:13 pm

Hi has anybody's wife/husband done the toeic test recently i.e since the start of Jan an onwards. Pls pm me. My hubby is saying its too hard I need ur views so I could reassure him.

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:43 pm

Hi m.k

Although I have not done this test personally, but I would assure you that TOEIC is much easier then IELTS and is aimed for A1 level to start with as well.

As far as I know TOEIC and ESOL are the 2 most easiest tests you can take to qualify for the Spouse visa.
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

awaham
Newly Registered

Post by awaham » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:04 pm

Salaam to all

First of all congratulations to all those who have had a positive reply. It gives me hope that this task is achievable. I have been following this thread for a while now. I too now have to start preparing paperwork as my Wife's IELTS exam is now close: 10 March. I was wondering if some one was kind enough to please PM me a sample copy of a declaration and sponsor letter. Any help in this regard will be greatly appreciated.

Also any one have experience IELTS, esp how long did it take to get a paper copy of the results posted to them, they state the results are published 13 days after the exam, I was hoping that we could apply before April, just in case any rule changes occur.

rihsabramo

Post by rihsabramo » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:22 pm

Once the visa is granted does my wife still have to come within 28days? Or has this rule changed? If she doesn't come in 28 days what happens? Also can she go back to visit Pakistan in the first 2years?

aziz4ever

Post by aziz4ever » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:48 pm

m.k wrote:Hi has anybody's wife/husband done the toeic test recently i.e since the start of Jan an onwards. Pls pm me. My hubby is saying its too hard I need ur views so I could reassure him.
i done it back in october.it isnt that hard if u have some education and some computer knowledge bcoz its an online test.well thats what i think.
Apllication Submitted: 23/1/12 @ Islamabad
Under Process at BHC: 03/02/12
forwarded to the embassy for processing: 04/03/2012
processed application returned to AC:19/4/2012
Visa Granted.ALHAMDULILLAH (24/4/2012)

m.k

Post by m.k » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:50 pm

harv wrote:Hi m.k

Although I have not done this test personally, but I would assure you that TOEIC is much easier then IELTS and is aimed for A1 level to start with as well.

As far as I know TOEIC and ESOL are the 2 most easiest tests you can take to qualify for the Spouse visa.
I have googled sample tests but they seem pretty hard for someone who knows little English. Is it level a1 they need to do for spouse visa?

m.k

Post by m.k » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:53 pm

aziz4ever wrote:
m.k wrote:Hi has anybody's wife/husband done the toeic test recently i.e since the start of Jan an onwards. Pls pm me. My hubby is saying its too hard I need ur views so I could reassure him.
i done it back in october.it isnt that hard if u have some education and some computer knowledge bcoz its an online test.well thats what i think.
I have heard it is now harder than what it was back then. My husband is very nervous as he has his test on the 10th of March.

fbutt09

Wife in UK

Post by fbutt09 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:55 pm

AoA folks,

Hope you are all well.

Wife finally came on Fri 24th Feb. She was traveling with my uncle. At immigration in the UK my uncle took her into the EU Passport queue. She did not go into the standard non EU Passport queue. Anyway she was only asked about my job and if I was outside to receive here.

Additionally she was not asked anything about the TB cert.

Anyway I wish those that are still waiting all the best. Keep up the hope, because that is the most important thing in this situation.

The fun continues with the ILR process.

Wishing you the best!

Allah Hafiz

henna786

Post by henna786 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:22 pm

Exquisit33 wrote:
henna786 wrote:cant belive its been 45days since i submitted my visa and they said to us 60working days wait.

feel sorry for the people still waiting for a reply back,...
cant do this anymore so stressfull and hard thinking they are taking more time and might say no to it ,.. even tho all my paperwork are right and i work in a bank, most people say good job people get reply back quickly dont think so lol.:(
please everyone pray for me.. i pray for u too :-)
Salams,

Sis it makes no difference at all on where you work. It depends on the mood of the ECO, there have been people with strong paperwork that have been refused while others have had weak paperwork; hardly any bank balance and have been granted visa. Its a game of luck to be honest. And job type is just out of the question.

Good luck please remain patient and Allah is with you.

It can take up to 60 working days (12 weeks), please don't give up.. and if you do contact them for an update before the 12 weeks are up they will just give you a standard reply saying to wait until this 3month period is up.

I WAITED 13 WEEKS :? and it was a refusal indeed :cry:

But Alhumdhulila my hubby was granted visa on review when we appealed! :D :D

So guys when you submit please keep patient because sometimes you have to be prepared for the worst, if you lose all your hope and energy at such an early stage (say at 5 weeks of submission) how will you have the strength to get through the whole process.. I was even thinking about going to hearing which would have all taken up to a whole year. So guys this 12 weeks wait is nothing compared to the whole appeal process! Trust me, you need to have hope in Allah swt and be patient!

Allah is the most merciful, Indeed with the patient! :)

Chin up All!!! :wink:
Thanx sis, really cheered me u saying doesnt make a difference about the work, its just so many people saying different stuff really stresses u out alot, o well inshallah just have to wait for 60days and hopefully hear a response then i hope. all we can do is pray. :-)
visa submitted in mirpur: 11/01/2012o
Application frwd to bhc -3/03/2012
aplication frwd to embassy for process-4/03/12 (70)application returned to Ac-19/04/12
REady for collection-24/04/12:)
VISA GRANTED 25/04/12.:)

henna786

Re: Wife in UK

Post by henna786 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:23 pm

fbutt09 wrote:AoA folks,

Hope you are all well.

Wife finally came on Fri 24th Feb. She was traveling with my uncle. At immigration in the UK my uncle took her into the EU Passport queue. She did not go into the standard non EU Passport queue. Anyway she was only asked about my job and if I was outside to receive here.

Additionally she was not asked anything about the TB cert.

Anyway I wish those that are still waiting all the best. Keep up the hope, because that is the most important thing in this situation.

The fun continues with the ILR process.

Wishing you the best!
Allah Hafiz
Congrats to u bro atleast u got a quick response, some people just have wait and have hope and patience..lol which i dont so stressfull.
take care:-)
visa submitted in mirpur: 11/01/2012o
Application frwd to bhc -3/03/2012
aplication frwd to embassy for process-4/03/12 (70)application returned to Ac-19/04/12
REady for collection-24/04/12:)
VISA GRANTED 25/04/12.:)

jalebi

Post by jalebi » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:24 pm

Need some prayers for my brother to find a job ASAP inshAllah :(

rihsabramo

Post by rihsabramo » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:26 am

rihsabramo wrote:Once the visa is granted does my wife still have to come within 28days? Or has this rule changed? If she doesn't come in 28 days what happens? Also can she go back to visit Pakistan in the first 2years?
Can anyone help? We have submitted the application but there are some problems at her university which mean she may have to stay a bit longer to finish her degree.

JF
Newly Registered

Post by JF » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:02 am

[quote="rihsabramo"][quote="rihsabramo"]Once the visa is granted does my wife still have to come within 28days? Or has this rule changed? If she doesn't come in 28 days what happens? Also can she go back to visit Pakistan in the first 2years?[/quote]

Can anyone help? We have submitted the application but there are some problems at her university which mean she may have to stay a bit longer to finish her degree.[/quote]

rihsabramo - When your spouse is granted visa it will for 27 months. This means they can come within the first 3 months as long as she will be here for 2 years after that.

This is what it says on the website:

"If you delayed your journey to the UK by weeks or months after the date when you were given permission to enter, that permission will expire before the end of your 2-year qualifying period. In that case, you may need to apply to extend your visa using application form FLR(M) before you can apply for settlement.
"

Link to info: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ormset(m)/

Hope it helps....

prince007

Post by prince007 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:12 am

hEY PEOPLE ANY STATUS UPDATES OR EMAIL REPLIES????

PLZZZ UPDATE US ALL HERE SOO WE KNOWWW.

THANK YOU

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:19 am

prince007 wrote:hEY PEOPLE ANY STATUS UPDATES OR EMAIL REPLIES????

THANK YOU
when did they tell you your decision has been made? how many working days its been since that?

prince007

Post by prince007 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:20 am

syma wrote:

THANK YOU
when did they tell you your decision has been made? how many working days its been since that?

Hi Syma, they told me last wednesday so today is the 5th working day, i dont understand how long more will they take.. reli stressd now..

App forward to oc on 22/12/11
Under process at bhc 10/01/12
Waiting

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:36 am

prince007 wrote:
syma wrote:

THANK YOU

Hi Syma, they told me last wednesday so today is the 5th working day, i dont understand how long more will they take.. reli stressd now..

App forward to oc on 22/12/11
Under process at bhc 10/01/12
Waiting
i know wot u mean, but hopefully u'll get it this week, because the decisionz been made and returning to Gerry's usually doesnt tk more then a week..

hamid1991
Newly Registered

Post by hamid1991 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:06 pm

We aim to process all applications as quickly as possible. Current processing times for visit applications is five working days. For settlement, we are currently processing within forty-one working days.

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:09 pm

hamid1991 wrote:We aim to process all applications as quickly as possible. Current processing times for visit applications is five working days. For settlement, we are currently processing within forty-one working days.
yea i got that in an email too, but doesnt seem to be the case:/

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:23 pm

its 11 weeks today since i applied for my visa, does this mean i am bound to hear something before next tuesday because its going to be 12 weeks than???

hamid1991
Newly Registered

Post by hamid1991 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:35 pm

syma wrote:its 11 weeks today since i applied for my visa, does this mean i am bound to hear something before next tuesday because its going to be 12 weeks than???
yesterday i was contacted by eco but i left my phone in my dad's home so my brother took the phone.I am waiting for his call. Im so nervious! anyone being called by ECO????

submitted at islamabad 27/01/2012
forwarded to bhc 09/02/2012