ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Silly Mistake on form AN

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tehranlondon
Newly Registered

Silly Mistake on form AN

Post by tehranlondon » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:32 pm

Hiya

After checking and re checking my form AN I posted it to the UKBA yesterday. I made a copy and was checking it through today, when I saw I have made a stupid mistake.
On question 1.7 of my original application form I have filled in my first name. I should have filled in my first name in section 1.6 and left section 1.7 blank, as my name at birth has not changed at all.
I have completed page 3 again and put my name in the correct space 1.6 and have sent it off to the UKBA with a letter explaning my mistake asking if they can be add it to my original application.

Foes anybody have any experience of what UKBA will do. Will they use my new page, or will it get processed and then they will ask me for th further information, or at worse refuse my application.

Please could somebody advise me.

Many thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:57 pm

It won't affect your application.

tehranlondon
Newly Registered

Post by tehranlondon » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:02 pm

Thanks Casa. Will they write to me to request the info, or do you think they will tally up this letter and my application.

Many thanks, I was so scared it would be refused!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:57 pm

They should still process the application even with the small error.