ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Contractor LTD Company - Letterhead and seal

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Contractor LTD Company - Letterhead and seal

Post by rajesh9pl » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:05 pm

Hi all,

Recently I have started contracting. Therefore, I have been doing my home work before I apply Tier1 (G) extension after 6 months.

Do we really need company letterheads and stamp/seal?

I mean do we need to print Payslips and Dividend Voucher on company letterhead?

Do we need to sign and stamp both as director?

Your answers will help me and other future applicants to prepare their application.

Many thanks,
Rajesh

theroyale

Post by theroyale » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:09 pm

Do we really need company letterheads and stamp/seal?

I mean do we need to print Payslips and Dividend Voucher on company letterhead?

Do we need to sign and stamp both as director?
Given you are preparing so much in advance, it would be a good idea to get made (1) company letterheaded paper and (2) rubber stamp.

Makes your setup look more professional (and therefore legitimate) in the eyes of the caseworker.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:05 pm

You can also prepare professional looking letterhead in MS Word using header and footer text and use it for payslips, dividend vouchers, employer letter etc.

ashvar123

Post by ashvar123 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:28 pm

I believe employer letter must be from the accountant who looks after your accounts.. hope this helps you out..

OneWorld5
Newly Registered

Post by OneWorld5 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:11 pm

Hi Rajesh

As a Limited company director i submitted following documents this week and got the ILR. So i am sure it's the same for an extension.

Also it will be nice to have ur companies website. Which company doesn't have one these days...!!

Here you go:

- 12 months Personal bank Statement

- Dividend Vouchers from last 4 years. That's when i started working as an IT contractor with my own limited company. Dividend vouchers were on companies letter head / stamped . Also counter signed by the accountant.

- Business bank statements of last 12 months

- My companies contract copy with the customer (in my case it's a reputed company where i do the contract work) which clearly mentioned my daily rate , length of contract. Case worker was happy to see these contracts.

- My last 3 years company tax returns / accounts - this was crucial. She did ask for it & gone through in good detail.

- VAT Returns to HMRC for last 4 Quarters

- Last 12 months Invoices & the remittance advices ( though she didn't ask them) - but good to carry

- Accountsnts letter confirming my salary , dividends & share holding. ( i take a minimum salary which is under tax threshold , so had to submit pay slips & P60 for last 3 years)

- Other general stuff like Degree cert / age proof / marriage cert / cohabitation proof / absences sheet / Life in UK test cert etc

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:53 pm

Thank you very much OneWorld5. I am sure it will help who are gathering information to apply for extension or ILR as Ltd Company contractor. Cheers!

zayedshah

Post by zayedshah » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:53 am

I have my invoices on microsoft word. The same for dividend vouchers. And for payslips, my accountant provided me with a template and he said I can fill them in myself.

I can take just take printouts of them - but my concern it doesnt look very official.

Does accountant need to countersign them?

Or as Director of my Limited Company, my signature should be sufficient?

Any thoughts guys? Cheers

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:56 am

Well you can stamp and sign it yourself and get a letter from your accountant confirming the salary and dividends.

You can also get your accountant to stamp and sign your dividend vouchers but that's not required.
Give me more Karma (+)

zayedshah

Post by zayedshah » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:27 pm

Thanks QuickSam

ashvar123

Set a Header and Footer to the document

Post by ashvar123 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:34 pm

zayedshah wrote:I have my invoices on microsoft word. The same for dividend vouchers. And for payslips, my accountant provided me with a template and he said I can fill them in myself.

I can take just take printouts of them - but my concern it doesnt look very official.

Hello mate..

I would suggest you to Put your company Name on the Header of the Document and add some colour to text.. Put your Company No, Vat Reg no.. at the footer, along with Address and Landline Number.. to make it professional and acceptable by UKBA..

hope that helps you.. make sure you mantain this retrospectively..

all the best

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:47 pm

google 'free logo for company' you will get free log and then use mspaint to paste it in you word document.I did the same.
try this :-
http://www.logosnap.com/

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:03 pm

Thanks for lots of inputs so far. Can someone please suggest what should be on the company seal? I mean:

Director - ?
Company Name - ?
Address - ?
Registration No. - ?

Thanks in advance.

ashvar123

Post by ashvar123 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:52 pm

rajesh9pl wrote:Thanks for lots of inputs so far. Can someone please suggest what should be on the company seal? I mean:

Director - ? -Not required.. however if you want to use it in the letterhead, legally you are supposed to include name of all Directors.
Rest of these.. as I mentiond earlier the lbelow one's are very much required..

Company Name - ?
Address - ?
Registration No. - ?

Thanks in advance.
- Ashvar

zayedshah

Re: Set a Header and Footer to the document

Post by zayedshah » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:47 pm

ashvar123 wrote:
zayedshah wrote:I have my invoices on microsoft word. The same for dividend vouchers. And for payslips, my accountant provided me with a template and he said I can fill them in myself.

Hello mate..

I would suggest you to Put your company Name on the Header of the Document and add some colour to text.. Put your Company No, Vat Reg no.. at the footer, along with Address and Landline Number.. to make it professional and acceptable by UKBA..

hope that helps you.. make sure you mantain this retrospectively..

all the best
Thanks ashvar123.