ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work experience

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

moh
Newly Registered

Work experience

Post by moh » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:18 pm

Hi ,

I've got a question regarding the work experience criteria.

Can the home office reject my work expeience as not being of graduate level when they have already accepted the same job for my work permit purposes?

Do solicitors help in appeals aswell?

Thanks

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:34 pm

For workpermit there is no criteria for Graduate level job..

Even I am in workpermit. when I applied for workpermit those reference letters didnt carried my role & responsibilities its just had position start date, end date & skills thats all. Even then they accepted it.

But that same reference letters wont work out for HSMP. HSMP application need detailed roles & responsibilities to proove that it is Graduate level job.

Defenitly there is different process for HSMP from workpermit.

If you appeal on that ground, I will say, its of no use.

moh
Newly Registered

Post by moh » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:48 pm

Thank you Hari15

Bhumi

Post by Bhumi » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:03 pm

Hi Moh,

HAve you been rejected for you HSMP already..or are you going ot apply now for the first time.

The reason why i am concerned is because, currently i am on work permit myself and am going to apply for HSMP in Jan. However one thing i feel that there are definetely more chances for gettingHSMP visa approved isbecasue you already hold a work permit , bearing in mind work permit is issued to people with skills not available in UK or europe plus a job which is at a seior level (which somehow also does fit into the criteria of HSMP.)

Senior Members : Let me know what you think ??

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:44 pm

Let me tell you one thing

Actually there is NO difference between workpermit holders and out of country applicants regarding HSMP team in point section

Only in non scoring areas like English communication, having qualification to attain job, wp holders may get advantage

Above all

No where in HSMP application form we need to submit passport / workpermit. So there is no solid proof that we really have work permit or not.. Infact hsmp case workers wont bother about that

They will only see whether are we eligible to gain points based on proof we are providing thats it

Only in one case where wp holders have advantage is, if they provide reference letter from a UK company they wont verify it for sure, since they trust them. If we are not providing any reference letter from any UK company, then absolutly there is no advantage of applying from wp

Bhumi

Post by Bhumi » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:18 pm

hi hari15,

Are you sure they dont know which visa you are on??? Because every detail about me and my passport are stored on their database - so called computer. So i am sure they dont need proof of which visa you hold..becasue they can quickly see that once they input your passport details on their screens..thats a solid proof anyway.

Because i have had frnds who have been on workpermit for 2 years and who have had stamping for another 3 years to complete 5 years. SO they will definetely check the previous visa to know how many years stamping needs to be done.

Bhumi

Post by Bhumi » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:19 pm

hi hari15,

Are you sure they dont know which visa you are on??? Because every detail about me and my passport are stored on their database - so called computer. So i am sure they dont need proof of which visa you hold..becasue they can quickly see that once they input your passport details on their screens..thats a solid proof anyway.

Because i have had frnds who have been on workpermit for 2 years and who have had stamping for another 3 years to complete 5 years. SO they will definetely check the previous visa to know how many years stamping needs to be done.

Bhumi

Post by Bhumi » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:23 pm

hi hari15,

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:55 pm

Hi Bhumi,
I am not saying about FLR IED application for stamping, there offcourse they can get all our details from our passport & Visa

HSMP application have 2 stages

First is HSMP application

second is FLR / FLR IED application..

Only in Second stage passport comes into picture

I am saying about HSMP application. For HSMP application they are not asking our passport number / copy of passport anywhere.

So HSMP team cant actually be sure on whom you are and where you are. They rely only on documents you are submitting

You neither need to submit your passport copy nor need to submit your workpermit for your hsmp application

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:15 pm

Do they not know if the applicant is In-Country or Out-Country.
Knowledge which is concealed is lost -Hadith

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:47 pm

That we are specifying in the form. Also we are specifying our imigration status in our form

so they should know that

what all I am trying to say is, they have no solid 100% proof to say that your claiming of "In-Country"/"Out of Country" is true or false

An in country applicant can apply as out of country applicant from his parent's address in home country also, they have no way to say it as false as long as he is claiming points only based on home country qualification & experience

I am saying only with respect to HSMP application

During Visa stamping it may/may not create problem

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:51 am

hari15 wrote: An in country applicant can apply as out of country applicant from his parent's address in home country also, they have no way to say it as false as long as he is claiming points only based on home country qualification & experience
But still if one mentions In-Country caseworker is 100% sure the candidate is applying from within UK. What he would not know is what visa status (WP or WHM ...) is he/she in.
Knowledge which is concealed is lost -Hadith