ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR granted at Glasgow PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

grinconesmo
Newly Registered

ILR granted at Glasgow PEO

Post by grinconesmo » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:03 pm

Hi,

Before giving my statement I would like to thank all the people in this forum who have shared their experiences and the people that take the time to answer questions.

My wife, children and I arrived at Glasgow PEO at approx. 11:30am (our appointment booked at 12:00pm), pass through security checks then went to get our ticket number to be told that was a delay in the process and be aware of it, also mentioned that I had a over 18's old dependent with me with a booking after us, the guy who give the numbers told us that he will put our bookings altogether with my 18's old dependent, waited until 12:40pm when our number was called.

The person at the sift asked for:

Passports
Application form
Photos
LIUK from me and wife's
3 months bank statements with matching pay slips
Employers letter (stating salary and code of practice)
Work permit letter
Marriage certificate
Old join bank statement

For my over 18's dependent and asked for:

Passport
Application form
Photos
Proof of studies
Bank statement and provisional driving licence to show that she's still living with me

After that he said that he was happy to pass us to the next stage with the case worker and that we should get a decision at about 14:15pm , asked him if it was ok to leave the building to get something to eat and he told us to wait for 15min to make sure that the payment have gone through then after that we could go and come back to wait for the decision but that we should keep in mind that CRB checks were really slow and might be a delay

Left building at 13:30pm, ate and came back at approx. 14:30pm, waited until 16:15pm when our number was called just to give us the good news... ILR granted! we checked our passports and headed back home to celebrated and relax.

Overall experience: good and friendly staff as well,

Thanks and hope that my experience would help others to get their ILR granted as well.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:47 am

Congrats !

Smam

CRB Checks ??? Please Explain

Post by Smam » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:11 pm

grinconesmo wrote:Hi,

After that he said that he was happy to pass us to the next stage with the case worker and that we should get a decision at about 14:15pm , asked him if it was ok to leave the building to get something to eat and he told us to wait for 15min to make sure that the payment have gone through then after that we could go and come back to wait for the decision but that we should keep in mind that CRB checks were really slow and might be a delay

Left building at 13:30pm, ate and came back at approx. 14:30pm, waited until 16:15pm when our number was called just to give us the good news... ILR granted! we checked our passports and headed back home to celebrated and relax.

Thanks and hope that my experience would help others to get their ILR granted as well.
Hi

First of all heartiest congratulations to you and to every one in your family on your big success.

Can you please tell me what kind of CRB checks as I have never heard of them being carried out at the PEO.

Many thanks and waiting for your reply.

grinconesmo
Newly Registered

Re: CRB Checks ??? Please Explain

Post by grinconesmo » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:31 am

Smam wrote:
grinconesmo wrote:Hi,

Hi

First of all heartiest congratulations to you and to every one in your family on your big success.

Can you please tell me what kind of CRB checks as I have never heard of them being carried out at the PEO.

Many thanks and waiting for your reply.

Hi, I don't know exactly what kind of CRB checks they do (criminal records bureau) but all I know is that CRB checks must be done for main applicants and dependents over 18's to see if they have any unspent convictions during their qualifying period.

Thanks,