ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SOC Codes - graduate level - please help decipher UKBA

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

boarder

SOC Codes - graduate level - please help decipher UKBA

Post by boarder » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:34 pm

The policy guidance states "Any job in the the Tier 2 (General) or Tier 2 (Intra company transfer) category must be at or above graduate level to ensure it is a skilled job."

I'm trying to identify if my SOC code is at this level.
There are two documents on the right hand side of this UKBA website page:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/busin ... fpractice/

Does the SOC code need to be in this document:
"Tier 2 codes of practice for jobs at or above graduate level"
or can it also be in this document to prove it is at the appropriate level:
"Tier 2 codes of practice for jobs at or above NVQ level 3"

Is the first document a full and complete list of all SOC codes at or above graduate level? i.e. if a SOC code is not in this document it is not at the appropriate level?

UKBA make everything so complicated. Any help would be appreciated.
thanks

Agastya80

Re: SOC Codes - graduate level - please help decipher UKBA

Post by Agastya80 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:55 pm

boarder wrote:The policy guidance states "Any job in the the Tier 2 (General) or Tier 2 (Intra company transfer) category must be at or above graduate level to ensure it is a skilled job."

"Tier 2 codes of practice for jobs at or above graduate level" Job has to be listed in this list to be at or above graduate level, doesn't matter if it also appears in the list at or above level NVQ level 3

Is the first document a full and complete list of all SOC codes at or above graduate level? i.e. if a SOC code is not in this document it is not at the appropriate level? Yes. The best way is to try matching job details rather than job title
thanks
Thanks!

a87m
- thin ice -

Re: SOC Codes - graduate level - please help decipher UKBA

Post by a87m » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:04 pm

Agastya80 wrote:
boarder wrote:The policy guidance states "Any job in the the Tier 2 (General) or Tier 2 (Intra company transfer) category must be at or above graduate level to ensure it is a skilled job."

"Tier 2 codes of practice for jobs at or above graduate level" Job has to be listed in this list to be at or above graduate level, doesn't matter if it also appears in the list at or above level NVQ level 3

Is the first document a full and complete list of all SOC codes at or above graduate level? i.e. if a SOC code is not in this document it is not at the appropriate level? Yes. The best way is to try matching job details rather than job title
thanks
I had the same issue with my SOC code. The UKBA list is not updated. It is written on the page that if you are not sure about SOC code of your job check it in national statistics job code index website.

My job was also not specified in that list but I found that in National Statistics website page which opens in excel document. I realized that my job had the same code as the job listed in UKBA page. In my opinion the UKBA list is not updated but they have made the same code for matching professions. Hope this helps!!