ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Updates on Zambrano applications

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

GLH2012

Post by GLH2012 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:27 pm

The form FLR(O) is what is normally used for the purpose of making human rights application. Your covering letter should explain details of your circumstance. Don't worry about the other categories mentioned. That's the right form to use. But I will strongly suggest you use a solicitor to package it if you can afford it. The HO fee is £550 for this particular application.

GLH2012

Post by GLH2012 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:56 pm

Finally, after exactly 3 months I received my COA this morning. I thank God and all for your encouragement. Goodluck to all still expecting theirs. Let's pray for the real deal to follow soon.

Humanity

Post by Humanity » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:01 pm

GLH2012 wrote:Finally, after exactly 3 months I received my COA this morning. I thank God and all for your encouragement. Goodluck to all still expecting theirs. Let's pray for the real deal to follow soon.
Congrats! It's more than well deserved.

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:21 pm

[quote="GLH2012"]Finally, after exactly 3 months I received my COA this morning. I thank God and all for your encouragement. Goodluck to all still expecting theirs. Let's pray for the real deal to follow soon.[/quote]

congratulations GLH2012 all the best you well deserve it :D after all the compfort you have given us here with your hopefull comments , i wish you the best to come soon , and god bless.

GLH2012

Post by GLH2012 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:03 pm

Thanks a lot Humanity and Justice12, this brings a bit of relief. I'm wishing the best for you all too.

mikilo2008

Post by mikilo2008 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:22 pm

GLH2012 wrote:Thanks a lot Humanity and Justice12, this brings a bit of relief. I'm wishing the best for you all too.
congrats u can now apply for your NI. I NOTICED THAT MOST OF THE PEOPLE ISSUED WITH COA ARE WOMEN. ZAMBRANO IS EASIER FOR WOMEN U KNOW.

GLH2012

Post by GLH2012 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:53 am

mikilo2008 wrote:
GLH2012 wrote:Thanks a lot Humanity and Justice12, this brings a bit of relief. I'm wishing the best for you all too.
congrats u can now apply for your NI. I NOTICED THAT MOST OF THE PEOPLE ISSUED WITH COA ARE WOMEN. ZAMBRANO IS EASIER FOR WOMEN U KNOW.
Thank you mikilo2008, i have applied for my NI. Am so glad because am feeling a lot lighter now. True, seems women are the most issued with COA i guess because we are the natural care givers to our kids, its easier to prove we nurture our kids.
Last edited by GLH2012 on Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sarahassy

Post by sarahassy » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:44 pm

mikilo2008 wrote:
Hello Mikilo,when r your 6 months due?I am tied of waiting.Did u manage to open up an account with that letter which was issued to u?

mikilo2008

Post by mikilo2008 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:02 pm

sarahassy wrote:
mikilo2008 wrote:
Hello Mikilo,when r your 6 months due?I am tied of waiting.Did u manage to open up an account with that letter which was issued to u?
im very very very tired as well im getting frustrated now . it was issued in Dec and will run out i guess in June. i haven't tried opening an account with it yet and haven't started working as well cause of child care just waiting for the rule to me amended and its taking ages now. did u manage to open an account with yours?

sarahassy

Post by sarahassy » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:21 pm

mikilo2008 wrote:
sarahassy wrote:
mikilo2008 wrote:
im very very very tired as well im getting frustrated now . it was issued in Dec and will run out i guess in June. i haven't tried opening an account with it yet and haven't started working as well cause of child care just waiting for the rule to me amended and its taking ages now. did u manage to open an account with yours?
No they need proof of ID.my one Nov,but May seems very far.

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:41 pm

sarahassy wrote:
mikilo2008 wrote:
sarahassy wrote:
mikilo2008 wrote: congrats u can now apply for your NI. I NOTICED THAT MOST OF THE PEOPLE ISSUED WITH COA ARE WOMEN. ZAMBRANO IS EASIER FOR WOMEN U KNOW.
Just to add to the discussion: my COA was also issued in December and I got my NI in January. I keep checking on the internet every day to see if the UKBA have said anything about amending the Regulation.

mikilo2008

Post by mikilo2008 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:50 pm

Prince74 wrote:
sarahassy wrote:
mikilo2008 wrote:
sarahassy wrote:Hello Mikilo,when r your 6 months due?I am tied of waiting.Did u manage to open up an account with that letter which was issued to u?

Just to add to the discussion: my COA was also issued in December and I got my NI in January. I keep checking on the internet every day to see if the UKBA have said anything about amending the Regulation.

very true i do that countless times a day. just wondering what is going to happen after the six months is over and the rule is not changed. is anyone COA running out this month????// pls lets know what ukba says.

GLH2012

Post by GLH2012 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:17 pm

Hi all, I can understand your frustration. It took donkey years for my COA to be issued(3months)!!! My COA was issued on February 23rd and valid for 6months but what bothers me is that it states regulations will be amended LATER this year. And after 6months to contact UKBA if proof of right to work is still needed. I don't know what they mean by later this year, initially they said late last year or early this year. Am just hoping it comes out in April, when they normally implement changes to their rules and fees. This whole thing is like dangling meat in front of a very very very hungry dog!! They need to get done so we can start living our lives and move away from immigration worries really.

GLH2012

Post by GLH2012 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:00 am

Hi everyone, i received my NINO today. Has anyone been able to secure a job with their COA? How are you all carrying on while waiting for the amendment in the EEA Regulations? Any new updates????

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:27 am

GLH2012 wrote:Hi everyone, i received my NINO today. Has anyone been able to secure a job with their COA? How are you all carrying on while waiting for the amendment in the EEA Regulations? Any new updates????
I started working 3 weeks ago with the COA. Though I got the job through a family friend whose friend runs his own business. I do think that most employers will be reluctant to take someone with a COA due to the uncertainty over the longterm prospect of the person's status. The employer might think that after hiring the person and his/her application does not succeed, that would leave the employer without a worker and the employer would start all over again to look for another employee

GLH2012

Post by GLH2012 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:12 pm

Prince74 wrote:
GLH2012 wrote:Hi everyone, i received my NINO today. Has anyone been able to secure a job with their COA? How are you all carrying on while waiting for the amendment in the EEA Regulations? Any new updates????
I started working 3 weeks ago with the COA. Though I got the job through a family friend whose friend runs his own business. I do think that most employers will be reluctant to take someone with a COA due to the uncertainty over the longterm prospect of the person's status. The employer might think that after hiring the person and his/her application does not succeed, that would leave the employer without a worker and the employer would start all over again to look for another employee
Congrats on getting a job, you are right. Am not able to get a job yet. A few of the places i applied requested me to wait for my RC as they would not accept COA, but i will keep trying.

sarahassy

Post by sarahassy » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:03 pm

Prince74 wrote:
Ooo, that is good of you Prince,can u plse connect me as well. I badly need a job as Job centre is on my neck to get one. I just need 16 hrs as my child is still young.Any connection plse in london.

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:24 pm

sarahassy wrote:
Prince74 wrote:
Ooo, that is good of you Prince,can u plse connect me as well. I badly need a job as Job centre is on my neck to get one. I just need 16 hrs as my child is still young.Any connection plse in london.
If you have a young child the job centre people can not force you to get a job. Am not in London, am in Berkshire area.

sarahassy

Post by sarahassy » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:18 pm

Prince74 wrote:
sarahassy wrote:
Prince74 wrote:
If you have a young child the job centre people can not force you to get a job. Am not in London, am in Berkshire area.
They r not forcing me bt the benefit I am receiving has its procedures.At least 16hrs of work and even me I want to work if i get the chance,only 16 hrs are enough for me.

GLH2012

Post by GLH2012 » Tue May 08, 2012 1:23 pm

Hi everyone, how are you all carrying on? Home Office sent me a new COA today valid for another 6months. My application is 6 months this May.

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Tue May 08, 2012 2:25 pm

GLH2012 wrote:Hi everyone, how are you all carrying on? Home Office sent me a new COA today valid for another 6months. My application is 6 months this May.
My COA will expire on 19/6/2012 and my solicitor wrote to them last week to issue me a new COA so that I can continue working until my Zambrano application is decided. Hopefully I'll get a new COA very soon.

Did you remind them to send you a new COA or they sent it to you without being reminded?

GLH2012

Post by GLH2012 » Tue May 08, 2012 3:23 pm

Prince74 wrote:
GLH2012 wrote:Hi everyone, how are you all carrying on? Home Office sent me a new COA today valid for another 6months. My application is 6 months this May.
My COA will expire on 19/6/2012 and my solicitor wrote to them last week to issue me a new COA so that I can continue working until my Zambrano application is decided. Hopefully I'll get a new COA very soon.

Did you remind them to send you a new COA or they sent it to you without being reminded?
Hi Prince74, my old COA is actually still valid till August because it was issued in February, but my solicitor said she wrote to them reminding them about my application hitting the 6 months mark and urging them to make a decision. But i read somewhere HO saying they will automatically renew everyone's COA.

howlong

Post by howlong » Tue May 08, 2012 4:05 pm

Does the HO still keep your passport or it is returned with the COA?
Thanks

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Tue May 08, 2012 4:05 pm

GLH2012 wrote:
Prince74 wrote:

Hi Prince74, my old COA is actually still valid till August because it was issued in February, but my solicitor said she wrote to them reminding them about my application hitting the 6 months mark and urging them to make a decision. But i read somewhere HO saying they will automatically renew everyone's COA.
Is your application based on the Zambrano judgement? If so, the UKBA can not make a decision until the EEA 2006 Regulation is amended later this year.

With the way the UKBA is grossly inefficient, I do not see them renewing everyone's COA without being reminded.

GLH2012

Post by GLH2012 » Tue May 08, 2012 9:36 pm

howlong wrote:Does the HO still keep your passport or it is returned with the COA?
Thanks
My passport is still with HO waiting the amendment of the Regulations before the issuing of RC..I hope this is soon.