ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success at Glasgow PEO with Traffic offence LC20

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

friend12345

ILR success at Glasgow PEO with Traffic offence LC20

Post by friend12345 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:59 pm

Hi All,

First of all thanks to all the moderators and senior members of this forum who helped me with a few things to get my ILR.

I got my ILR today at Glasgow PEO as a spouse of a British Citizen, my appointment was at 12:00, arrived there at 11:30am with my wife and 7 months old daughter, went through the security and the guy at the window asked me to take a seat and he will bring my token number.

Received token at 11:50am and got called at the window at 12:00, the guy asked me to hand him all the paperwork I had out of which he took:

Application form
LIUK Pass certificate
Utility bills ( Both )
HMRC Tax Bills ( Both )
HMRC SA statements ( Both )
Last 3 months Bank statements ( Both )
TV Licence etc.

Then he started looking at the application form :shock: and BANG he looked on section 8 where I put my Traffic Offence ( LC 20 ) with all the details on it that I was driving on International Licence for more than a year which I wasn't allowed But I didn't know that and that I checked with DVLA, all endorsements are removed of my Licence already after 4 years.

My date of offence was Feb 2008
Date of Conviction July 2008

Note: I physically appeared at the court and plead guilty, The guy told me all convictions must be spent according to new rules which is 5 years, so he said they will do their Police checks and if anything comes up on that then they can't process my application and I will have to apply for extension as a spouse till my 5 years are up.

He said we will not take the fees till we get results from Police checks and if everything will be clear then they cant take the fees and go ahead with the application, he asked me to wait 10-15 mins so they could do their checks. He said if everything is clear then we usually get the results back within 10-15 mins but if there is any criminal record found then it can take longer.

We came back to the waiting area, our number called after 5 mins by that time it was 12:15pm, he said everything is clear we r going to process your application, you can come back after an hour and half to collect your passport and if I want to leave the building I need to wait 10 mins before I can leave just to make sure my Payment gone through fine.

Left building at 12:25 and came back at 13:45 and passport was ready with the ILR on it.

If you need any help I'll be happy to help any time.

Thank you everyone and Good Luck.

Smallfamily

Re: ILR success at Glasgow PEO with Traffic offence LC20

Post by Smallfamily » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:21 pm

Lucky you :wink: many many congradulations :D

rubina20102010
Member of Standing

Post by rubina20102010 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:34 pm

friend12345 wrote:Hi All,

First of all thanks to all the moderators and senior members of this forum who helped me with a few things to get my ILR.

I got my ILR today at Glasgow PEO as a spouse of a British Citizen, my appointment was at 12:00, arrived there at 11:30am with my wife and 7 months old daughter, went through the security and the guy at the window asked me to take a seat and he will bring my token number.

Received token at 11:50am and got called at the window at 12:00, the guy asked me to hand him all the paperwork I had out of which he took:

Application form
LIUK Pass certificate
Utility bills ( Both )
HMRC Tax Bills ( Both )
Last 3 months Bank statements ( Both )
TV Licence etc.

Then he started looking at the application form :shock: and BANG he looked on section 8 where I put my Traffic Offence ( LC 20 ) with all the details on it that I was driving on International Licence for more than a year which I wasn't allowed But I didn't know that and that I checked with DVLA, all endorsements are removed of my Licence already after 4 years.

My date of offence was Feb 2008
Date of Conviction July 2008

Note: I physically appeared at the court and plead guilty, The guy told me all convictions must be spent according to new rules which is 5 years, so he said they will do their Police checks and if anything comes up on that then they can't process my application and I will have to apply for extension as a spouse till my 5 years are up.

He said we will not take the fees till we get results from Police checks and if everything will be clear then they cant take the fees and go ahead with the application, he asked me to wait 10-15 mins so they could do their checks. He said if everything is clear then we usually get the results back within 10-15 mins but if there is any criminal record found then it can take longer.

We came back to the waiting area, our number called after 5 mins by that time it was 12:15pm, he said everything is clear we r going to process your application, you can come back after an hour and half to collect your passport and if I want to leave the building I need to wait 10 mins before I can leave just to make sure my Payment gone through fine.

Left building at 12:25 and came back at 13:45 and passport was ready with the ILR on it.

If you need any help I'll be happy to help any time.

Thank you everyone and Good Luck.
Congr8, Can you please let me know

HMRC Tax Bills ( Both )

what they are ? and how to manage to get them ?

Thanks in advance
rubi

friend12345

Post by friend12345 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:48 pm

Congr8, Can you please let me know

HMRC Tax Bills ( Both )

what they are ? and how to manage to get them ?

Thanks in advance
rubi[/quote]

Hi Rubi,

Me and my wife are self employed and registered with HM Revenue and Customs, My accountant calculates my tax and send all the paperwork to the tax dept. then the HM Revenue sent our tax bill that how much we got to pay.

2) HMRC SA statements ( HM Revenue and Customs Self Assessment statements )

As we paid our tax online directly into HMRC bank account then we requested them to send us the statements to show that the tax for that year is paid.