ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

REGARDING WORK EXPERIENCE

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CHINEDU
Newly Registered

Post by CHINEDU » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:34 am

Dear Moderators/Senior Members.

I am presently at the final stage of submiting my HSMP please i need your advise concerning the documentary evidence that i am submitting.

Work Experience-i am submiting only two pieces of evidence.

1. detailed experienced letter from my employer on the original letter head of the company in accordance with the caseworkers guidance requirement.

2. my tax clearance certificate for the past 4 years showing i have been working with the company for those number of years since the company paid tax on my behalf.

Are these two sufficeient? do i need my letter of employment since i cannot find the original and salary increment letters.

thanks.

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:50 am

I think yes.

If your experience letter is good enough you dont need any other document to proof it.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:22 pm

In the past there were quite few work experience letter which in my opinion it is extrememly good.
I even though it is very difficult to get this sort of work experience letter but in reality it has been rejected. Probably this is the reason why they got rejected. (Too good to be true)

I believe the statement "the experience letter is good enough" refer to the reputation of the compnaies e.g well known companies (such as in the 100 companies listed in FT or Fortune) issue the work experience letter. In this case the caseworker could easily get other information they need by contacting the company directly and there is no doubt about the credibility of the companies.

Pantaiema

arm wrote:I think yes.

If your experience letter is good enough you dont need any other document to proof it.

paramjit2k

hi

Post by paramjit2k » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:25 am

For current comp, do send your last six months of salary slips..that too on company letter head...

Cheers!

Paramjit

funmilola

work experience

Post by funmilola » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:04 pm

Chinedu,

I hope ur tax clearance and the income U claim to have earned show the same amounts as they wld pick the amounts on the tax clearance over that on the supplied salary statement. I hope U understand this. All the best.

CHINEDU
Newly Registered

Post by CHINEDU » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:49 pm

Thanks Funmilola for your kind response,
i think it is not possible for your gross income to be the same as that on the tax clearance certificate because the tax gross income is for the previouse year based on the fiscal year of the government JAN. to Dec. 2005 .as it is on preceeding year basis while the the income for hsmp is for Nov 05 to Oct. 06. but whichever they chose i shall still be above the threshold of 5250GBP for under 28.

Thanks i appreciate ur response.

CHINEDU
Newly Registered

Post by CHINEDU » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:50 pm

i think it is not possible for your gross income to be the same as that on the tax clearance certificate because the tax gross income is for the previouse year based on the fiscal year of the government JAN. to Dec. 2005 .as it is on preceeding year basis while the the income for hsmp is for Nov 05 to Oct. 06. but whichever they chose i shall still be above the threshold of 5250GBP for under 28.

CHINEDU
Newly Registered

Post by CHINEDU » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:51 pm

CHINEDU
Newly Registered

Post by CHINEDU » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:51 pm

alex2000

Post by alex2000 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:25 am

I dont know if this is what Funmilola was referring to, but in Nigeria, many companies pay a significant amount of earnings via allowances rather than basic salaries. If these allowances are not taxed (they should be taxed by the way), the tax paid could distort the estimated earnings of the applicants.

There were cases in the past when some Nigerian applicants raised that point.

By the way my assumption is that both Chinedu and Funmi are from Nigeria - an 'okoro' and an 'ngbati, ngati' - ( HOPE THIS IS TAKEN AS A JOKE THAT IT IS )

CHINEDU
Newly Registered

Post by CHINEDU » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:11 am

thanks alex,

I handle tax for my company in lagos and all its operation in nigeria, apart from the current tax clearance certificate which i have, i have been able to obtain a tax clearance letter on the original letter headed of lagos state board of internal revenue indicating income assessed and tax paid up to september 2006.

every thing put together i hope it will satisfy the caseworker.