ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK New born baby to Indian Parents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

1980mohan
Newly Registered

UK New born baby to Indian Parents

Post by 1980mohan » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:15 pm

Hello everyone !

My wife is expecting baby due in April 2012.
I am holding ILR Visa and My wife holding Spouse visa.

Here My question is :Does baby qualifies directly British Citzenship or Do we need to apply Indian Passport and ILR dependant visa.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:34 pm

Baby will automatically be British, if born in the UK.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mysorebharath
Newly Registered

Post by mysorebharath » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:01 pm

Baby's born after 1985 will not automatically get citizenship.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:21 pm

mysorebharath wrote:Baby's born after 1985 will not automatically get citizenship.
A. The relevant year is 1983 not 1985.
B. The statement was related to the orignal poster which stated he has ILR so his child born in the UK after ILR is British from birth.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:50 am

1980mohan wrote:Please someone guide me to apply Visa for new born baby in UK

I am holding ILR visa and My wife holding Spouse visa.

We want to have Indian Passport for new baby. So I need to apply dependant visa for new baby. Which application form I need to Use ( Dependant ILR visa) or ???
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:56 pm

They may not issue an Indian passport if child is British.

jainmanglesh
Newly Registered

Post by jainmanglesh » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:47 am

if both my wife and I get ILR and baby born in India then can we apply british citizenship for Baby or an indian passport needs to be applied for baby first and then british citizenship once baby is back in UK.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:10 am

siddhant4u
Newly Registered

Re: UK New born baby to Indian Parents

Post by siddhant4u » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:02 pm

1980mohan wrote:Hello everyone !

Here My question is :Does baby qualifies directly British Citzenship or Do we need to apply Indian Passport and ILR dependant visa.
If baby is born in UK, and you want it to be Indian citizen, you need to register the child birth with HCI and apply for passport. The baby born in UK to any of parent settled in UK is ENTITLED to be British citizenship.

pennylessinindia

Re: UK New born baby to Indian Parents

Post by pennylessinindia » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:21 am

siddhant4u wrote:
1980mohan wrote:Hello everyone !

If baby is born in UK, and you want it to be Indian citizen, you need to register the child birth with HCI and apply for passport. The baby born in UK to any of parent settled in UK is ENTITLED to be British citizenship.
Given India does not allow dual citizenship and the child is automatically British not sure how the child can get an Indian passport but I know the HCI site says one can do this ? Given no way to renounce British citizen as a child remains unclear?
pennyless

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:40 am

HCI London - Passports - Passports for Children born in the UK wrote: 12. Beside, an affidavit from parents that the child has not acquired British Nationality is also required to be filed at the High Commission;
As BC is acquired automatically if born in the UK when at least one parent has ILR, not sure how you can fulfil the requirement above.