ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extension - Bank statements - address issue

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Tier 1 Extension - Bank statements - address issue

Post by pgaitonde » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:28 pm

Lloyds TSB messed up my address over the past 1 year because of the wrong input on their side and then again messed up the address when their database was merged up with Halifax.

I am been fighting with them over the address change issue from the past 12 months and they could not print the statements for me in the correct address format.

They have now printed out the 12 months statements from the internet and stamped and signed each statement with the Lloyds TSB logo. Is it fine if i produce the internet copies to UKBA while applying for my Tier 1 extension next week?

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:32 pm

As you metioned it is signed and stamped with the bank logo ,then i think every thing should be fine.

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Post by pgaitonde » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:36 pm

params0073 wrote:As you metioned it is signed and stamped with the bank logo ,then i think every thing should be fine.
Thanks params0073 for your reply. I need some moderator to confirm this for me..

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:14 pm

Why do you need a moderator to confirm this for you?

It is clearly stated in the guidance and Params has already told you the correct answer.

See an excerpt from the policy guidance on Page 20

Personal bank statements showing the ii) payments made to the applicant: Bank statements provided must be on official bank stationery, and must show each of the payments that the applicant is claiming. If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account he/ she should also provide a supporting letter from the bank on company headed paper confirming that the documents are authentic. Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank issuing the statements will be accepted. This stamp must appear on every page of the statement. For the purposes of this guidance an online bank account is one that operates solely over the internet and sends their bank statements to their customers electronically (for example over the internet or via email).

If you want to read it yourself, I have also provided the link below

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

The only thing I can add is that you should probably make sure the statements use the bank letterhead, but apart from that, what you have is fine.

To also make you more confident, I recently used online statements with a stamp for a successful application.

Kind Regards
Last edited by thebionicredneck2003 on Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Post by pgaitonde » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:17 pm

thebionicredneck2003 wrote:Why do you need a moderator to confirm this for you?

It is clearly stated in the guidance and Params has already told you the correct answer.

See an excerpt from the policy guidance on Page 20

Personal bank statements showing the ii) payments made to the applicant: Bank statements provided must be on official bank stationery, and must show each of the payments that the applicant is claiming. If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account he/ she should also provide a supporting letter from the bank on company headed paper confirming that the documents are authentic. Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank issuing the statements will be accepted. This stamp must appear on every page of the statement. For the purposes of this guidance an online bank account is one that operates solely over the internet and sends their bank statements to their customers electronically (for example over the internet or via email).

The only thing I can add is that you should probably make sure the statements are on bank stationary, but apart from that, what you have is fine.

Kind Regards
Thanks for the reply.

The bank could not print the internet statements on the official bank letter head so it was been printed on the normal paper but it shows Lloyds TSB at the top but they have been signed and stamped on each and every page.. will it suffice?

I have also got a letter addressed it to me stating the problem and why internet copies have been printed, stamped and certified.

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:21 pm

It will suffice as I also used the same during the recent application I spoke of and had no issues getting the visa.

Good luck and kind regards

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ScopeD » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:11 pm

Further to thebionicredneck2003's posts, see the following:

The personal bank or building society statements should clearly show:
• the applicant’s name;
• the account number;
• the date of the statement;
• the financial institution’s name and logo;
• any transactions during the 90 day period;
• that there are enough funds present in the account (the balance must always be at least £800) covering the 90 day period before the date of application;

All statements must be on the bank’s stationery, unless the applicant is submitting electronic statements.

Ad hoc bank statements printed on the bank’s letterhead/stationery are admissible as evidence (this excludes mini-statements from cash points).

If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account these must contain all of the details listed above. In addition, the applicant will need to provide either:
• a supporting letter from his/her bank, on company headed paper, confirming the authenticity of the statements; or
an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank in question will be accepted. This stamp should appear on every page of the statement.

Source: Policy Guidance, UKBA

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Post by pgaitonde » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:42 pm

ScopeD wrote:Further to thebionicredneck2003's posts, see the following:

The personal bank or building society statements should clearly show:
• the applicant’s name;
• the account number;
• the date of the statement;
• the financial institution’s name and logo;
• any transactions during the 90 day period;
• that there are enough funds present in the account (the balance must always be at least £800) covering the 90 day period before the date of application;

All statements must be on the bank’s stationery, unless the applicant is submitting electronic statements.

Ad hoc bank statements printed on the bank’s letterhead/stationery are admissible as evidence (this excludes mini-statements from cash points).

If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account these must contain all of the details listed above. In addition, the applicant will need to provide either:
• a supporting letter from his/her bank, on company headed paper, confirming the authenticity of the statements; or
an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank in question will be accepted. This stamp should appear on every page of the statement.

Source: Policy Guidance, UKBA
Does that mean That the Internet statements which I have will suffice? Can someone confirm pls?

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:47 pm

ScopeD has also posted the info for you to see and I have already answered your question in an earlier post.

The answer is Yes!!!

If you are still not sure of what is clearly written in the guidelines which has been posted for you, then seek legal help so that you can finally be satisfied.

Kind Regards

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ScopeD » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:45 am

pgaitonde wrote:Does that mean That the Internet statements which I have will suffice? Can someone confirm pls?
According to the information you gave,
They have now printed out the 12 months statements from the internet and stamped and signed each statement with the Lloyds TSB logo
which, I believe is covered by this statement (I have put this in blue):

• an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank in question will be accepted. This stamp should appear on every page of the statement.

I believe your statements meet the requirements stated in blue so you should be ok.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:03 am

Stop worrying and just don't repeat the same question again and again.

I printed Lloyds statements from my online accounts and got them stamped and signed at Lloyds tsb. I got my extension using the same.

**I printed my current, savings and business account statements.

***Please don't ask questions in reply to this as I won't reply. Thanks
Give me more Karma (+)

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:37 am

What is wrong with the original bank statements? If they are for different addresses that may be okay (I have applied with original bank statements with different addresses for some months, because I moved house).

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Post by pgaitonde » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:56 pm

goldfish wrote:What is wrong with the original bank statements? If they are for different addresses that may be okay (I have applied with original bank statements with different addresses for some months, because I moved house).
There are spelling mistakes in my address and i did not wanted to create issue during my extension so they have printed the internet copies which are in the correct address and stamped and signed each and every page for me.

village

Post by village » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:28 am

pgaitonde,

I Also have the same issue.....wrong address (mistakes) in my address........

you need to call the customer care find out the main branch office customer care number.....and clearly tell them that my address was a typo from your end(ie, bank misatake) and tell them that it was wrong address and tell the correct......address.....

Ask them the complaint number...and note that one......

next is tell them that you are applying for your visa..you need a duplicate statements...also a letter mentioning that it was a typo mistake in address....and ask them to mention the correct address....lloyds bank sends duplicate letter also with a letter stating they are duplicates.....reuest a letter also...for the wrong address.......that wont
be any problem

hope its clear now......i also faced a lot of problem ...i know the pain......dont worry it will be sorted out....first speak to them customer care.......and speak clearly to them.......