ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 application documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dikey2809

MN1 application documents

Post by dikey2809 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:00 pm

Hi
Please guide with regards ot the documents required for MN1 application.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:09 pm

On what basis the application for Registration is made? UK born child ? What is the immigration status of the parents?

dikey2809

Post by dikey2809 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:03 pm

The application is made as per the section 1(3). The child is born in UK.
The father is getting the ILR in March.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:01 am

Child passport (if has any), UK birth certificate with the father named on it, father's passport showing ILR, parents marriage certificate if child born before 2006.

abed9631
Newly Registered

Post by abed9631 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:39 pm

Jambo wrote:Child passport (if has any), UK birth certificate with the father named on it, father's passport showing ILR, parents marriage certificate if child born before 2006.
I'm in similar case :) Only enquiry is- should i send my original passport or a photocopy would suffice the requirement? The mn1 form or the guide doesn't ask for original passport. thanx.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:46 pm

Original documents. If you wish to keep your originals, consider using NCS.

ILR.2012
Newly Registered

Post by ILR.2012 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:41 pm

Jambo wrote:Original documents. If you wish to keep your originals, consider using NCS.
I have been granted ILR last week and looking to register my daughter as a british citizen. She is only 5months old.

I'm planning to send the following documents
MN1 Application
Application Fees
Child Original Birth Certificate
Child's Indian Passport
Marriage Certifcate of Parents Original
Copies of Parents Passport
Copies of ILR letters from HO

Jumbo - Can you advise if above is acceptable or do i have to send my and wife's original passport instead of photocopies.

Would appreciate an early response.

Thank you

Regards
Sameer

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:14 pm

As I said, original documents must be provided. Not photocopies.

There is no need for the marriage certificate. At least one original passport of parent showing ILR is needed.

I assume the child was born in the UK.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:18 pm

Jambo wrote:As I said, original documents must be provided. Not photocopies.

There is no need for the marriage certificate. At least one original passport of parent showing ILR is needed.

the guidance does state that the marriage certificate is required.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:41 pm

I know the guide lists it but I believe it is not required.

The guide is not very well designed for applications under 1(3) (for example - it doesn't state that the parents' passport showing ILR is needed to support the application).

I don't think there is a statutory requirement for the parents to be married for section 1(3) applications and in any case, for nationality applications, children born after 2006 don't require the parents to be married in order for the father to be considered a parent.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:43 pm

Jambo wrote:I know the guide lists it but I believe it is not required.

The guide is not very well designed for applications under 1(3) (for example - it doesn't state that the parents' passport showing ILR is needed to support the application).

I don't think there is a statutory requirement for the parents to be married for section 1(3) applications and in any case, for nationality applications, children born after 2006 don't require the parents to be married in order for the father to be considered a parent.
I agree - but I understand why the OP is sending his marriage certificate as the guide says it is required.

ILR.2012
Newly Registered

Post by ILR.2012 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:23 pm

Thanks Jambo & greenie for your valuable points.

The reason why I'm planning to send copies is I was asked to go on a short term overseas business secondment for two months and therfore doesn't want my passport to be included with MN1 application. However would it be ok if I include my wifes passport along with a photocopy of my passport to support Child's MN1 application.

Yes the child is born in UK and she has got an Indian passport, but does not have ILR on her passport. After reading so many threads on this forum, we didn't include her on our ILR application last week. She is only five months old and have not been away from UK.

My wife is planning to visit India during June 2012 and wonder how long it will take for the Childs MN1 application and then surrendering Indian passport for the child. Please advise on this matter.

Thanking you

Sameer

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:26 pm

ILR.2012 wrote:

Thanks Jambo & greenie for your valuable points.

The reason why I'm planning to send copies is I was asked to go on a short term overseas business secondment for two months and therfore doesn't want my passport to be included with MN1 application. However would it be ok if I include my wifes passport along with a photocopy of my passport to support Child's MN1 application.

Yes the child is born in UK and she has got an Indian passport, but does not have ILR on her passport. After reading so many threads on this forum, we didn't include her on our ILR application last week. She is only five months old and have not been away from UK.

My wife is planning to visit India during June 2012 and wonder how long it will take for the Childs MN1 application and then surrendering Indian passport for the child. Please advise on this matter.

Thanking you

Sameer
why don't you apply through NCS if you want tot ravel.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:32 pm

One parents' original passport is enough so you can send your wife original passport + photocopy of yours. Alternatively, consider using NCS who will go over the application, photocopy your originals and return them to you.

From the MN1 applications timelines it seems that application takes nowadays around 2 months. British passport application is around 2-3 weeks. Not sure about surrendering of Indian passport but I believe you can do so when applying for the visa (3-4 days). So June might be tricky. I would not book the tickets yet.

dikey2809

Post by dikey2809 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:36 am

Does it mean that I need to submit Passport for both of us.
As only the father has valid visa/ILR.
The wife currently does not have valid UK visa. Wife had valid visa when the child was born in UK in 2010. Child got the dependent, but wife's dependant was rejected, and she is in India.
Just a concern that will there be any problems in applying for my daughter's MN1.
I will get my wife to sign the consent, her passport copy.
Currently my daughter is in UK.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:47 am

Not an issue. One parent original passport showing ILR is enough.

ILR.2012
Newly Registered

Post by ILR.2012 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:45 pm

Jambo wrote:One parents' original passport is enough so you can send your wife original passport + photocopy of yours. Alternatively, consider using NCS who will go over the application, photocopy your originals and return them to you.

From the MN1 applications timelines it seems that application takes nowadays around 2 months. British passport application is around 2-3 weeks. Not sure about surrendering of Indian passport but I believe you can do so when applying for the visa (3-4 days). So June might be tricky. I would not book the tickets yet.
Thanks Jambo for your advice and guidance.

Managed to book an NCS appointment with South Lanarkshire Council on Monday 6th March 2012 and hoping to travel overseas next week.

On a seperate query, Do i need to inform NCS regarding my intention to travel abroad on business related matter later that week. If so, Do i need to provide a supporting letter along with the application?

Also note that it is only me travelling overseas, not wife and we both have got ILR status.

Please let me know your view on this one.

Many thanks,

Sameer

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:58 pm

Your travel has no affect on your daughter's application. There is no need to inform HO or NCS about your travel.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Child born after 2006

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:36 pm

Jambo wrote:Children born after 2006 don't require the parents to be married in order for the father to be considered a parent.
Would anyone be able to provide some reference to the above either on UKBA or Legislation site?
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Child born after 2006

Post by Jambo » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:56 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
Jambo wrote:Children born after 2006 don't require the parents to be married in order for the father to be considered a parent.
Would anyone be able to provide some reference to the above either on UKBA or Legislation site?
See answers in this thread - Father with ILR applying to register baby as British.