ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work Permit ILR Application - issue with Working Holiday?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ftmsh
Newly Registered

Work Permit ILR Application - issue with Working Holiday?

Post by ftmsh » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:23 pm

Hi
just wanted to say thanks for such an amazing forum!

ok i think i've read all the information i possibly can but have a question. stats are as follows:

July 2005 - entered UK on working holiday visa & worked various jobs for 1yr
May 2006 - started work for current company on working holiday visa
April 2007 - left country for two weeks and returned on Work Permit visa to work for the same company
March 2012 - making ILR application via PEO in Croydon, London

My question is regarding the Working Holiday visa - i thought that at the time i was eligible to work for the full 2 years of the Working Holiday visa, but it may be the case that i was only eligible to work for one year...

Does anybody know if this will be an issue for my ILR application?

Obviously i would like not to draw attention to that period but as i lost one P45, i have had to get the full tax history statement from HMRC (thanks to this forum!!)...

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:23 pm

For the ILR, I think that they may consider only the preceding five years, starting with your time as a work permit holder.

You were lucky that 320(7B) did not exist in 2007.
Last edited by vinny on Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Sup

Post by Sup » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:26 pm

I think you will be assess for ILR on WP basis only and I don't think PEO will ask you question anything regarding WHM.
Coincidently my case is same as you and will apply end of March at Solihull.
Let us know your outcome..

ftmsh
Newly Registered

Post by ftmsh » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:50 pm

thanks for the quick replies
@vinny - yep lucky indeed
@sup - will definitely let you know how it goes
cheers for the info!

ftmsh
Newly Registered

Post by ftmsh » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:43 pm

@sup - you were right! they just werent interested in the work permit bit at all. i even had it written on my employer letter (maybe not such a good move but felt i needed to explain what visa i was on in my first year of employment with the company).

I've posted on my experience at PEO.. and not sure if had it easy today, but it really just seemed a mere formality... good luck for yours!!