ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re-entry Visa - Previous Passport?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mauritania

Re-entry Visa - Previous Passport?

Post by mauritania » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:38 am

Hi everyone,

My partner was granted his residency in January this year. He needs to go collect a certificate for a course he completed last year so we applied for a re-entry visa by post as we live outside of Dublin.

We sent the application form, 2 passport photos, postal order of the fee, passport and residency card. This was returned to us yesterday asking for his previous passport and letter from the Minister granting him his residency.

We have the letter from the Minister but we do not have his previous passport as the country he comes from takes them back upon issuing a new one.

They are not taking phonecalls at present so I have sent six e-mails to them so far. Twice I have been told how to apply for a visa, once was asked was he in the state (yes he is) and have also been told that it is a query for general immigration.

Does anyone think it would be ok to re-send it including the ministers letter and a note explaining about the passport?

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:58 am

you can write them covering letter with all the document what can provide them .maybe you have previous passport copy etc etc .

adlexy

Re: Re-entry Visa - Previous Passport?

Post by adlexy » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:03 pm

mauritania wrote:Hi everyone,

My partner was granted his residency in January this year. He needs to go collect a certificate for a course he completed last year so we applied for a re-entry visa by post as we live outside of Dublin.

We sent the application form, 2 passport photos, postal order of the fee, passport and residency card. This was returned to us yesterday asking for his previous passport and letter from the Minister granting him his residency.

We have the letter from the Minister but we do not have his previous passport as the country he comes from takes them back upon issuing a new one.

They are not taking phonecalls at present so I have sent six e-mails to them so far. Twice I have been told how to apply for a visa, once was asked was he in the state (yes he is) and have also been told that it is a query for general immigration.

Does anyone think it would be ok to re-send it including the ministers letter and a note explaining about the passport?
I think that writing to them and sending all documents you have is a waste of time :) If you do that, there is the very likelihood that someone will return the whole package back to you again - just as you have received different answers from the same email query :)

I will "suggest" that your partner go to the Burgh Quay - usually should not take too long but if you can go early, plan to invest the whole day and you will come back with the re-entry visa.

If you go there early, plan to invest most of the whole day if you live too far but is worth it. Have all your documents with you and you can ask to speak to a superior officer if the person on counter is confused or asking for what you dont have.

While there, you can easily explain the situation and sort out the issue once and for all. He must of necessity have his GBIB card with him.

All the best!

mauritania

Post by mauritania » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:22 pm

Thanks guys, finally got someone who can read in the Visa section to reply and they have said it is fine to send a letter explaining about previous passport and ministers letter.

So I printed off their email, done up the letter and sent it all back to them. Fingers crossed this time!

Why would they need the ministers letter? Or even the previous passport? Especially if your current passport is the one you have stamped. Nothing is ever straight forward is it!