ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch From PSW Visa To Tier 2 Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tassos
Newly Registered

Switch From PSW Visa To Tier 2 Visa

Post by tassos » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:32 pm

I have been working as a software developer with my employer since December 2010 on a PSW Visa and have an offer letter of £23, 000.

I am coming under the category of Software Professionals which has the code of (2132) and would like to apply as a graduate developer who needs a salary of £22,500.

1) My query is that if I am applying as a graduate developer, do my company need a labour market test ? or it is exempted because I have spent more than six months with my employer.

2) And if they do not need to do a labour market test, Am I still eligible to apply as a graduate developer because I have now more than one year of experience.

koolguykvs

Post by koolguykvs » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:29 pm

As per present rules,you can only apply as graduate developer until six months from your graduation. In your case you cant use this.

Next best option for you is programmer. Get a hike and apply. You dont need RLMT as you have been working for more than 6months.

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:18 am

When describing your job responsibilities/description do it in a way so it fits better with the SOC codes job description. Make it look more 'natural' :)

No you don't need RLMT and No you are not a graduate cause you are working more than an year.
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on :)

tassos
Newly Registered

Post by tassos » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:17 am

koolguykvs wrote:As per present rules,you can only apply as graduate developer until six months from your graduation. In your case you cant use this.

Next best option for you is programmer. Get a hike and apply. You dont need RLMT as you have been working for more than 6months.
Thank you so much for your reply. If my salary raises up to 26k as a programmer so I need to show three months pay slips or just a confirmation letter from my company or a new offer letter is enough as an evidence of my salary ?

I would like to add one more thing here is that my company name has changed so is it fine to submit that old offer letter attach with the confirmation letter that my salary has raised upto the programmer level or I just submit a new offer letter with a new salary.

Tell me what suits best to my case.

Thanks in advance.

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:11 am

tassos wrote:
koolguykvs wrote:As per present rules,you can only apply as graduate developer until six months from your graduation. In your case you cant use this.

Thank you so much for your reply. If my salary raises up to 26k as a programmer so I need to show three months pay slips or just a confirmation letter from my company or a new offer letter is enough as an evidence of my salary ?

I would like to add one more thing here is that my company name has changed so is it fine to submit that old offer letter attach with the confirmation letter that my salary has raised upto the programmer level or I just submit a new offer letter with a new salary.

Thanks in advance.
You don't have to be paid 26K for 3 months. As long as you will be paid when you start your new role its fine. Say at the time you make the application. Your company doesn't have to provide any letters. When your company commits to the license they are required to follow up and the COS they provide is the evidence you are paid the X amount.

tassos
Newly Registered

Post by tassos » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:05 pm

madona587 wrote:
tassos wrote:

Thanks in advance.
You don't have to be paid 26K for 3 months. As long as you will be paid when you start your new role its fine. Say at the time you make the application. Your company doesn't have to provide any letters. When your company commits to the license they are required to follow up and the COS they provide is the evidence you are paid the X amount.
Thanks for your immediate response. Now, can I submit my application using my old offer letter stating 23k but with a new COS which states the new salary amounting 26k.

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:32 pm

You don't have to submit any letter..

Read my previous reply properly..

tassos
Newly Registered

Post by tassos » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:50 pm

madona587 wrote:You don't have to submit any letter..

1) Do you want to say that just COS is enough for making an application for a Tier 2 Visa and I don't need to submit any offer letter.

2) But as a prove that I have been working here more than six months, can I show my last six months pay slips but that will show my previous salary which is 23k?

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:51 pm

tassos wrote:
madona587 wrote:You don't have to submit any letter..

1) Do you want to say that just COS is enough for making an application for a Tier 2 Visa and I don't need to submit any offer letter.

2) But as a prove that I have been working here more than six months, can I show my last six months pay slips but that will show my previous salary which is 23k?
1) Yes
2) Yes

tassos
Newly Registered

Post by tassos » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:28 pm

Thank you so much for your assistance

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:39 pm

tassos wrote:Thank you so much for your assistance
Your payslips are a proof you are working for them for the last 6 months not how much you earn. You are very welcome :D

a87m
- thin ice -

Post by a87m » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:42 pm

madona587 wrote:
tassos wrote:Thank you so much for your assistance
Your payslips are a proof you are working for them for the last 6 months not how much you earn. You are very welcome :D
Hi, I want to ask few questions if I can get assistance it will be great!

1) In my observation the Nine areas of occupations of SOC code job index are incomplete on UKBA website but the codes match with similar jobs national statistics website. Example; jobrole of Procurement officer has code 3543 and another job of supply chain analyst has same code in the national statistics website but is not listed in ukba graduate level job.

2) As I am in the role of supply chain analyst and the my employer has A+ rating, can I put the same code in the visa form as both job has same code and UKBA itself states on the page that this list is not fully updated and national statistics website can be checked if you are unsure of your job SOC code?

3) The salary which is being set as minimum for this SOC code of 3543 is 23K, but I am getting 20K, will it affect my visa application?? as I meet the minimum requirement 0f 20K as stated in policy guidance of tier 2 general and get 20 points of salary!!