ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online biometric appointment

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gupta_ust

Online biometric appointment

Post by gupta_ust » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:01 pm

Since UKBA's online system is down, phone lines are again open for biometric bookings. But also they have mentioned,
"If you have made an application and have received an invitation to register your biometric information with us, you can take your letter to one of the participating Post Offices across the UK, instead of attending PEO."

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ply-online

Does it mean that I can go to with my family to any PPO or is it still for sole applicants only? Any views?

aarnags

Post by aarnags » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:44 pm

I am having the same question...
But In my case already having appointment for 15th march at cardiff..

Visa already expired at 13th Feb..

@gupta_ust .. If you are having any nearest post-office then should try to walk-in there and see if they allow you to take biometrics.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Online biometric appointment

Post by Greenie » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:50 pm

gupta_ust wrote:Since UKBA's online system is down, phone lines are again open for biometric bookings. But also they have mentioned,
"If you have made an application and have received an invitation to register your biometric information with us, you can take your letter to one of the participating Post Offices across the UK, instead of attending PEO."

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ply-online

Does it mean that I can go to with my family to any PPO or is it still for sole applicants only? Any views?
no you cannot attend a post office for biometrics unless the letter specifically says so and includes the barcode page at the back which the post office need to scan.

SHREESOFT
Newly Registered

Post by SHREESOFT » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:27 pm

Correct you cant do it in post office as i tried it today they need page with barcode .. you need to call the number and book it .i got an appointment on March 22

One query my visa has expired on Feb 2 2012 and my Biometric is on march 22 . is that a problem or its ok to go ahead and do that withouit any issue?

koolguykvs

Post by koolguykvs » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:46 pm

SHREESOFT wrote:Correct you cant do it in post office as i tried it today they need page with barcode .. you need to call the number and book it .i got an appointment on March 22

One query my visa has expired on Feb 2 2012 and my Biometric is on march 22 . is that a problem or its ok to go ahead and do that withouit any issue?
when have you made your application???

SHREESOFT
Newly Registered

Post by SHREESOFT » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:08 pm

on 24th january 2012

koolguykvs

Post by koolguykvs » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:35 pm

SHREESOFT wrote:on 24th january 2012
if you have made a valid application before expiry date then it should be ok