ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years Long Residence - NI number

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Karan K
Newly Registered

10 years Long Residence - NI number

Post by Karan K » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:21 pm

Hello,
I am applying under the 10 year rule through a solicitor.

SET (O) application requires you to provide the NI number. I have breached the 20 hour work rule as a student and i am now worried about filling that part on the form.

My solicitor asked me to provide the NI number at any cost. He says , not providing the NI number is treated as withholding information deliberately. And if the Home office decides they would check and they can find out anyway. So his advise is provide all the details upfront.

Do Home office make checks using the NI number we provide? Does that affect my application?

I am worried . Please advise.

Thank you.

Re: 10 years Long Residence - NI number

Post by 2012 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:36 pm

Karan K wrote:Hello,
I am applying under the 10 year rule through a solicitor.

SET (O) application requires you to provide the NI number. I have breached the 20 hour work rule as a student and i am now worried about filling that part on the form.

My solicitor asked me to provide the NI number at any cost. He says , not providing the NI number is treated as withholding information deliberately. And if the Home office decides they would check and they can find out anyway. So his advise is provide all the details upfront.

Do Home office make checks using the NI number we provide? Does that affect my application?

I am worried . Please advise.

Thank you.
1. I wud strongly recommend to provide your NI number.
2. If the caseworker wants to make any checks then it can be done with or without you providing the number.
3. Not providing the number will probably raise doubts that why the NI was not provided and result in checks being carried out.

Smallfamily

Re: 10 years Long Residence - NI number

Post by Smallfamily » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:16 pm

I 100% agree with 2012's answer :!:

angelloveguy

Post by angelloveguy » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:17 am

from NI they won't be able to find how many hours you worked. they can only find how much tax and NI contribution you paid.

Post by 2012 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:03 pm

[quote="angelloveguy"]from NI they won't be able to find how many hours you worked. they can only find how much tax and NI contribution you paid.[/quo

2. It depends on the caseworker and wat sort of enquiries he/she wud like to make or no enquiries at all.