ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Old Work Permit Question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SHAH36
Newly Registered

Old Work Permit Question

Post by SHAH36 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:19 pm

Hi All,

Today the government announced that the automatic settlement for skilled worker is to end from 06 April 2012. The whole story can be found at http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... settlement .

My question is that i am on work permit which was issued on 17 Oct 2007 from NHS and my salary is almost 25ks at the moment.

Willi be effected from the legislation?

Many Thanks

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:32 am

This has been discussed at length here http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=96768
Only affects people applying for settlement in 2016, so it does not affect you as you will qualify in october this year. You just need to meet SOC salary threshold for your stated job

Smam

No You Wont be affected by this !!!

Post by Smam » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:34 am

Hi

To the best of my understading I believe that you wont be affected by this rule at all as it clearly says that it'll be applicable to those who entered in the UK under the Tier 2 after 6th April 2011 and the rule will applied to those who are applying for settlement from the April 2016 that's what I personally understood.

SHAH36
Newly Registered

Post by SHAH36 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:32 pm

Thank you very much for your replies. I was just worried when heard the news.