ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In Person Appointment - Son not included

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Visa_Novice

In Person Appointment - Son not included

Post by Visa_Novice » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:11 am

Hi,

I am on tier 1 general which is gong to expire on 7th May 2012. Since there is a fee rise from 6th April 2012 so I am planning to apply before 6th April. I need to apply for dependent visa for my wife and son as well who are in UK with me.

I am looking for in person appointment.

I have got an in-person appointment but it is only for two people(me and my wife). I took that as I was unable to get the in person appointment for 3 people. So basically my son is not included in this appointment.

So what are my options now:

1. Can I take my son with me for the visa appointment and ask them to include him as well in the appointment even though the initial appointment was only for 2 people? Will UKBA accept that? Has anyone previously done that?
OR
2. Can I attend this appointment with my wife and once we get visa I apply for my son seperately? If that is the case then is it allowed to do that way?

I am applying almost two months before my visa is going to expire. I am anyway short of ILR so I will have to apply for one more extension before I qualify for ILR so I do not mind applying 2 months before visa expiry.

Kindly advise what shall I do with the appointment.

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:17 am

1. Was your son born in the UK?
2. Has he applied for leave before?
3. Are he planning on travelling before you're granted ILR?
Last edited by vinny on Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Visa_Novice

Post by Visa_Novice » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:19 am

vinny wrote:1. Was your son born in the UK?
2. Has he applied for leave before?
3. Are he planning on travelling?
Hi Vinny,

1. No. He was born in India.
2. Yes. He is on Tier-1 dependent visa. Applied in India 2 years back.
3. We do not have any travel plan for him or us.

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:34 am

Then you should include your both wife and son in your application. You may book a family appointment.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Visa_Novice

Post by Visa_Novice » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:26 pm

vinny wrote:Then you should include your both wife and son in your application. You may book a family appointment.
Did you mean to say that I can not leave my Son out of the appointment and must include him in my appointment? Which means looking for another appointment(which is nearly impossible to get) for 3 people?

I was planning to apply for my son seperately once my and my wife's visa is done.

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:55 pm

A family appointment may include up to 11 people?

Visa_Novice

Post by Visa_Novice » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:02 pm

vinny wrote:A family appointment may include up to 11 people?
I understand that a family appointment can include upto 11 people.

But can I go in the in person appointment with my wife and apply for my son seperately when we are done with our visa. I want to do it just because I have got appointment for 2 people and not able to get appointment for 3 people. Is that allowed(applying for the son later on even if he is in UK currently) ?

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:04 pm

Yes. It's possible for son to apply later, preferably before his leave expires. However, it does seem odd that you cannot have a family appointment for 3 people instead of 2.
Last edited by vinny on Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Visa_Novice

Post by Visa_Novice » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:17 pm

vinny wrote:Yes. It's possible for son to apply later, preferably before his leave expires.
Thanks Vinny

Jibo

Post by Jibo » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:30 pm

Want to ask same question; I plan applying through PEO a month before visa expires and then apply for dependants by post immediately i get everything sorted out.
Is their any risk in applying for extension this way?