ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How much maintenance funds does my family need?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mikilol
Newly Registered

How much maintenance funds does my family need?

Post by mikilol » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:16 am

I am applying for entrepreneur visa from outside the UK. I am going to do it with my wife and a child. How much funds do I need to have on my account? Can I have all funds on my account or should I split it in two (mine and my wife's)?

(Applicants outside the United Kingdom seeking entry clearance must have at least • £2,800 of personal savings which must have been held for a consecutive 90 day period before the date of application.)

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:31 am

2800 + 1600 + 1600

The main applicant

Dependants

Applications, although submitted at the same time, are treated individually rather than jointly so each family member must have the maintenance sum for their individual application. However, the money for each individual applicant can be sourced from the same account if it's the account of the main applicant, or the dependent parent of dependent children. This information is also contained in the policy guidance for these visa categories.
Last edited by Lucapooka on Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

mikilol
Newly Registered

Post by mikilol » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:45 am

Thank you,
Am I correct?
I can have 2800+1600=4400 on my account for me and my child.
And my wife should have 1600 on her own account.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:46 am

yes

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:49 am

The child's money can be from your account or the mother's. The mother's money can be from your account or hers. Your money must be from your account. You can even read the guidance if you feel so inclined!

In all cases, the funds in question must be available to:

(i) the applicant, or

(ii) where he is applying as the partner of a Relevant Points Based System Migrant, either to him or to that Relevant Points Based System Migrant, or

(iii) where he is applying as the child of a Relevant Points Based System Migrant, either to him, to the Relevant Points Based System Migrant or to the child's other parent who is lawfully present in the UK or being granted entry clearance, or leave to enter or remain, at the same time;

mikilol
Newly Registered

Post by mikilol » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:02 am

Thank you again,
Actually for me it is easier to have all funds on my account, but it can be difficult to prove (if it is asked) that my wife can use the funds from my account without me.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:04 am

mikilol wrote: but it can be difficult to prove (if it is asked) that my wife can use the funds from my account without me.
That is not necessary. She does not need to have access to your account (it is, after all, your private account rather than a joint account); you merely need to have that money in your account that can be used for her maintenance.

mikilol
Newly Registered

Post by mikilol » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:10 am

Thank you again, :)