ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Preparation Please help- comments and feedback welcome

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rk79

Post by rk79 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:11 am

I've had so much insight and help from members here. I cannot thank everyone enough. However, its that time of the year again. My FLR expires on 6th April and I'd like to put in my application for ILR asap.

here are some facts.

I moved to UK in April'07 on HSMP and then gained FLR in April'09. I have now completed 5 years of continuous residence in UK. Also, I dont have a dependent but married to Italian citizen.

I am yet to apply for life in the UK test.

Complete Application form with my passports and correct format picture
Company letter confirming continuous employment and current salary.
12 months Bank statements
12 months salary slips
I will add my UK life test certificate
Are there ANY other documents that I am missing and do you think I am late in my prep

Any and all help will be appreciated. Again, I have a lot to thank this group for so please dont hold back.

-r

sayam04

Post by sayam04 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:23 am

HI rk79,

you need to provide cohabitation documents (any utilitybills/bank statements/council tax bills on your name and your on partners names covering last 2 years).
Absence sheet (if absent from UK for more than 90 days in last 12 months) only if you need more space than in the form provided.
P60's as many as you can provide ideally for the last 4/5 years.

And that's all, i will encourage you to go to apply in person as you will get result on the same day. The postal application completion time is about 4/5 months these days.

Good luck and be confident. :)

Smam

Post by Smam » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:41 am

Hi

I believe that you've collected enough docs already the HO never ever wanted to see any irrelevant docs to the best of my understanding.

I would highly recommend you to go for PEO service.

To the best of my understading you dont really need any thing for your wife like you dont need any cohab docs cause your wife is Italian as mentioned by yourself in your post so I believe that's all about it pretty much.

Try to book an appointment for PEO as you wont get an appointment near time soon and your ILR maturity period will start in just 5 more days so if I was you I will start to book an appointment asap.

Good luck please kindly keep us updated when you finally succeed.

rk79

Post by rk79 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:53 am

sayam 04 - thanks. we were married in 2011 so can only submit these (council tax, bank and utility) for last 12 months? please note she doesnt need to apply.

I am definitely going to apply in person :)

also, I didnt leave the country so not worried about that.

How particular are they about P60s?

sayam04

Post by sayam04 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:21 pm

We were granted ILR on 23rd Feb, I have posted a detailed note of experience in the Home Office You can find on 3rd/4th page on this board. Under ILR SET(O) @ PEO CROYDON On 23rd Feb.

sayam04

Post by sayam04 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:25 pm

rk79

you've been very helpful sayam04

Post by rk79 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:30 pm

appreciate it

rk79

FINAL QUESTION

Post by rk79 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:29 pm

we were married in 2011 so can only submit these (council tax, bank and utility) for last 12 months? please note she doesnt need to apply.

Please can you clarify if this is ok?

sayam04

Post by sayam04 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:44 pm

Yes that will be alright but in addition to that you can at least take with you any doc on your name. As I said your case seems straight forward so make appointment with PEO and don't forget to use the right version of the form. Good luck

sayam04

Post by sayam04 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:47 pm

Sorry I totally misjudge your scenario, if it's only you applying then you don't really need any Cohab doc's.

meet2tripathi
Newly Registered

Re: ILR - Preparation Please help- comments and feedback wel

Post by meet2tripathi » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:03 pm

rk79 wrote:I've had so much insight and help from members here. I cannot thank everyone enough. However, its that time of the year again. My FLR expires on 6th April and I'd like to put in my application for ILR asap.

here are some facts.

I moved to UK in April'07 on HSMP and then gained FLR in April'09. I have now completed 5 years of continuous residence in UK. Also, I dont have a dependent but married to Italian citizen.

I am yet to apply for life in the UK test.

Complete Application form with my passports and correct format picture
Company letter confirming continuous employment and current salary.
12 months Bank statements
12 months salary slips
I will add my UK life test certificate
Are there ANY other documents that I am missing and do you think I am late in my prep

Any and all help will be appreciated. Again, I have a lot to thank this group for so please dont hold back.

-r
i am just wondering how important is the company letter?
i may be made redundant when i apply for ILR but i will have 12 payslips and bank statements to prove my past earnings. i believed that to be employed while applying for ILR is not mandatory. but more i read about others experience more i get worried as it is mentioned that CW demands to see employment letter.
i have a PEO appointment in April first week.

sayam04

Post by sayam04 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:14 am

Hi meet2tripathi,

yes case worker normally ask for an emplyment letter or any future employment/business arrangements you have in place.

Good luck

meet2tripathi
Newly Registered

Post by meet2tripathi » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:30 am

sayam04 wrote:Hi meet2tripathi,

yes case worker normally ask for an emplyment letter or any future employment/business arrangements you have in place.

Good luck
but is it mandatory? what if someone has lost her job a month ago?

meet2tripathi
Newly Registered

Post by meet2tripathi » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:49 pm

meet2tripathi wrote:

Good luck
any comment by senior members/gurus will be highly appreciated.
i had got an answer i my earlier post that it is not required to be employed while applying for ILR however now I am concerned about the employment letter.

meet2tripathi
Newly Registered

Post by meet2tripathi » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:25 pm

meet2tripathi wrote:
meet2tripathi wrote:

Good luck
i had got an answer i my earlier post that it is not required to be employed while applying for ILR however now I am concerned about the employment letter.
the reason i am asking because i have been made redundant last month; though it is going to be a formal process where i will be on risk period for the month of March and then on garden leave for the month of April. I will be searching for other roles during these two months, but I have a PEO appointment in first week of April. At that time I will be employed but will be on garden leave and don't know what will be stated in any letter issued by employer or whether any letter issued or not.

can anyone please let me know if being on garden leave affects ILR application? i have 12 months payslips and bank statements along with other proofs to prove my previous income. my only concern is an employment letter stating my future ties with the employer. as such i don't see any such requirement in SET-O guidance but i have read case worker asking for it in many posts hence i am worried.

meet2tripathi
Newly Registered

Post by meet2tripathi » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:49 pm

meet2tripathi wrote:
meet2tripathi wrote:
meet2tripathi wrote:

Good luck
the reason i am asking because i have been made redundant last month; though it is going to be a formal process where i will be on risk period for the month of March and then on garden leave for the month of April. I will be searching for other roles during these two months, but I have a PEO appointment in first week of April. At that time I will be employed but will be on garden leave and don't know what will be stated in any letter issued by employer or whether any letter issued or not.

can anyone please let me know if being on garden leave affects ILR application? i have 12 months payslips and bank statements along with other proofs to prove my previous income. my only concern is an employment letter stating my future ties with the employer. as such i don't see any such requirement in SET-O guidance but i have read case worker asking for it in many posts hence i am worried.
any suggestion please?

meet2tripathi
Newly Registered

Post by meet2tripathi » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:12 pm

meet2tripathi wrote: any suggestion please?
upon digging further, I could see an immigration rule135G(iii) which states:

the applicant:
is lawfully economically active in the United Kingdom in employment, self-employment or a combination of both; and

so it looks like that if someone is not employed at the time of ILR application, the application will be refused. can anyone please confirm this?
in my case I will be on garden leave at the time of my ILR application, I am not sure if that can be considered economically active or not. any thought will be highly appreciated.