ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for my Kid born in UK visiting India without visa!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Shhameed
India

Visa for my Kid born in UK visiting India without visa!!

Post by Shhameed » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:25 pm

Hi,
The situation is like this. My daughter born in Uk ( dec,2010) and lived with me till today. I had my ILR processed (with my wife ) end of last month and got the ILR. I did not process the ILR for my kid as I directly wanted to go in the path of citizenship. But unfortunately my Father in law fell sick and my wife had to take my kid back to India today. Now my kid does not have an visa and I have to bring her back so I am thinking of applying ILR in India so that she can travel. could someone tell me if it is ILR.or is it called as settlement visa and now that they have made in online it is much more confusing

Is there any check list for this?

Please help as the time window to get the visa is very high in India!!

Regards
Shahul

nsrisri

Post by nsrisri » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:42 pm

Hi You have 2 options
1)Apply visiting visa your son and apply British citizenship here after coming here.If you want you also can apply dependent ILR but this will be expensive .Visiting visa is Rs.6000 and dependent visa is 64k

2)Apply MN1 in India but this may take 6 months.

Hope this helps

Regards
Srisri

Shhameed
India

that is a good one !!

Post by Shhameed » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:57 am

Hi,

That is a very good suggestion.. but can we apply for MN1 when my daughter ( not son) is in visit visa.. will there be any issues??

Do we have an home office enquire number to get this clarified ??

regards
Shahul

vinny

Re: that is a good one !!

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:16 am

Shhameed wrote:That is a very good suggestion.. but can we apply for MN1 when my daughter ( not son) is in visit visa.. will there be any issues??
No issues.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Shhameed
India

thanks Vinny

Post by Shhameed » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:59 pm

Could one of you give me the Home office enquire number so that I am make sure.

Hope the processing time of MN1 is not long. If we get the MN1 processed the n my daughter can say longer then the visit visa period ? before getting her British Passport ??

Thanks in advance

nsrisri

Post by nsrisri » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:28 pm

Hi Shhameed
Few days back I spoke to HO and they said we can apply British Citizenship for children born in UK even they are on visiting visa.I couldnt find the phone number.I will check and give you.

My daughter already got UK visiting visa from India and I am waiting for my ILR.I will apply for her citizenship after I get ILR

nsrisri

Post by nsrisri » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:46 pm

Hi Shhameed

you can call on 08450105200 for British Citizenship

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:24 pm

The issue is whether BHC will issue a visitor visa when it clears her intention is to stay in the UK (as both parents have ILR).

Shhameed
India

OOps

Post by Shhameed » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:32 pm

Then what would you suggest ??

nsrisri

Post by nsrisri » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:13 pm

Hi
I am on Tier1 and my wife is on Tier 1 Dependent.My daughter was born in UK and she got visiotr visa for 6 months from inida.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:11 pm

nsrisri wrote: I am on Tier1 and my wife is on Tier 1 Dependent.My daughter was born in UK and she got visiotr visa for 6 months from inida.
you and your wife are still on tier 1 so your daughter is still not eligible for BC so a visitor visa approval is normal.

in the other case, the child visitor is eligible for BC so 'technically' BHC can refuse visitor visa. However if the reason is explained in the cover letter (e.g. need to return early to the UK for family reason and can't wait to complete the MN1 etc process in india), then i guess visitor visa should be approved. Also, in this case even though the intention is not visit but permanent stay but this in country switch is allowed. Also in the worst case you'll only lose the visitor visa fee of Rs 6000/- ish.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: OOps

Post by Jambo » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:19 pm

Shhameed wrote:Then what would you suggest ??
Talk to BHC to see if they would be willing to issue a visitor visa. Going by the rules, she would need a child settlement visa.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:06 am

Or under rules 304-309.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

pulse1

Post by pulse1 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:56 am

i was in similar situation 15 days back. I have ILR, Wife has FLR. Child is in india with no visa !
We have applied for his settlement visa - last week. We did a lot of research and found that visitor visa may b tough at this point in time. So we decided to go for settlement visa.

regards

Shhameed
India

Post by Shhameed » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:02 pm

Good to know you. When did you apply for settlement visa and what is the form. Did you get the visa? Why didn't you try visitor visa ? Who helped you to go this direction. Sorry to put you through lot of question. But I want to understand it better

Shhameed
India

Post by Shhameed » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:02 pm

I checked with home office enquire. They said that they will not be able advice on immigration from other country. When I asked if I can apply for MN1 with Visit he said no. So I don't know if I can apply a visit visa and get her in and again have to go to India to get the settlement.
So the better option is apply settlement visa in India.!!! Please advice if there are any alternatives.
When filling up the online form I had doubts . at section5 : it says that if applicant are below 18 then should give parent info( basically salary stuffs ). again in sponsors area it talk about the same !! and also I have just applied for child benefit before she left the country and yet to get an response. I am not sure If I have to put yes??

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:36 am

Shhameed wrote:I checked with home office enquire. They said that they will not be able advice on immigration from other country. When I asked if I can apply for MN1 with Visit he said no.
That's incorrect. Child's immigration status is irrelevant to child's entitlement under 1(3).

Shhameed
India

Post by Shhameed » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:35 am

So shall i give a try with a visit visa .?

bhaws
Newly Registered

ILR

Post by bhaws » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:22 am

Hi shameed
I saw ur post regarding ILR/ILE visa in India. So did u apply in india for ur baby? and have u got it? what documents u attached and how much time did it take?
please reply ur inputs will help a lot.... we r in the same boat...:).

rgds
bhawana

bhaws
Newly Registered

Post by bhaws » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:25 am

Hi pulse1
hey I am also in the process to apply for my 2 month old . I have ILR so does my husband and my elder son> i was here in INDIA for delievery. so how much time u think it will take for baby's visa nd what documents u attached? where in INDIA are you? I am in Delhi:)

rgds
bhawana

Shhameed
India

Post by Shhameed » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:13 pm

Checked with immigration people/ advisor and decided to go for the settlement as visitor would mean we have to break the rule of must go after the visa expires!! And medical facility would be paid etc etc

I think the checklist would be as below

Bank statement for 3 months
Pay slip for 3 months
Copy of fathers passport
Mothers original and copy ( as she is in India)
Kid's. Birth certificate
Address proof ( London ) council tax bill
Employor letter
cover letter ( explains the situation and with Medical certificate if any to get this processed faster :: hopping so!!)

Did I miss anything ? please help if I need to add anything to the above

Regards
Sha

bhaws
Newly Registered

Post by bhaws » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:24 am

Hi Shameed
So u haven't yet applied... i am going there this week for my younger baby. I am adding my
Baby's passport
baby's application copy
Baby's photg.
Baby's Birth certificate
other supporting documents:
valid settlement copy for myself, my elder son, and my husband's
'Life in UK Test copy'
NI no's copy
my husband's Salary Slip
Husband's employment letter
Council tax copy
Rental Agreement
Utility Bills in name of my husband and muself together
LBS certificate( he was there in his MBA exchange programe)
UCLA certificate(he did his 2 yr MBA from US)
marriage certificate
Bank Statement
Cover Letter

let me know if you think , I should add some more documents.....

Shhameed
India

Post by Shhameed » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:57 pm

that seems a lot but still covers all,

bhaws
Newly Registered

Post by bhaws » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:29 am

Hi Shameed

So did u already apply now... where is ur wife and baby in india.... i m in delhi......i applied and now i m waiting, any idea about, if i can check what is going on with the application...

rgds
bhawana

Shhameed
India

Post by Shhameed » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:14 am

Yes applied from chennai. My wife is still at chennai. It is a black box you can't find the progress. The only update comes from VFS

Regards
S