ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General extension - salary referenced as expenses

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

katwmn6

Tier 1 General extension - salary referenced as expenses

Post by katwmn6 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:20 pm

Hi everyone,

I am applying for a Tier 1 (General) extension at Croydon PEO on 20 March.

When depositing my Oct salary my employer erroneously put "OCT EXPENSES" as the payment reference. This reference now appears on the bank statement I am using as evidence for proof of earnings, next to the Oct salary deposit.

In my employer's letter that confirms my earnings, there is now an asterix next to Oct's salary and a line stating the following:
*Please note due to a clerical error October’s salary appears on katwmn6's bank statement as “OCT EXPENSES.” The payment of £---- on 31 October 2011 is actually katwmn6's monthly salary, not a reimbursement for expenses. Please see the enclosed letter from our accountant if you require any further evidence.
I have also had my company's accountancy firm (CIMA registered) write a letter affirming the same.

Is this sufficient to prove that the Oct deposit is actually my income and not a reimbursement for expenses?

Would greatly appreciate some input.

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:32 pm

include the bank account number too on the letter
Manka

sts96508
Member of Standing

Post by sts96508 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:34 pm

Appears water tight to me. I submitted a similar letter from employer explaining errors in one of my payslips. Added advantage is your premium appointment where you can explain firsthand if CW has queries.

AccountantMatthew
Member of Standing

Post by AccountantMatthew » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:31 pm

Obviously I'm not a UKBA caseworker but from the point of view of a nit-picking auditor I find it hard to believe that anyone would try to say that you haven't done all that you can to give a clarification of what has gone on.

Your employer has made the error and has provided a letter of explanation to rectify it, your accountant has then corroborated the payment in the bank with reference to the payslip and has also mentioned the employer error.

You, on the other hand, have done nothing wrong and have ensured that any confusion is removed!
Please don't private message me or e-mail me for free personal advice - you are just wasting your time writing something that won't get answered.
Anything written here shouldn't be construed as being formal advice given in a professional capacity.

katwmn6

Post by katwmn6 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:39 am

Thanks for your replies, everyone. You have put my mind at ease!