ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa as a photographer

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abhisheknitt
Newly Registered

Visa as a photographer

Post by abhisheknitt » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:56 pm

I need to cover a wedding in Blair Castle (Scotland) in July. I am a freelance photographer based in Mumbai. I need to know what visa do I need to apply under. The wedding party would arrange for any documents required from there side. However I usually work on and off and not employed permanently. So I need to know how can I show my ties to India and what visa category should I apply under. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:56 am

Will you be paid for this and if so by whom?

abhisheknitt
Newly Registered

Post by abhisheknitt » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:59 pm

Thanks for your reply to my post. Yes, I would be paid by the groom who is a friend's friend. He'll also pay for my stay, travel and food.

But I couldn't find a suitable category for this kind of work. I only need to be in the UK for 5 days. I have also phoned the UK High Commission in India and they said everything is on the Border Agency website and I need to check there. But I couldn't find anything related to this.

I'd be grateful if you can help in this regard.

Thanks!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:03 pm

abhisheknitt wrote:But I couldn't find a suitable category for this kind of work. !
That's because there isn't one. It's not permitted to do as you are suggesting.