ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General, ILR, 75 points, first entry as HSMP confused

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Aqeel

Tier 1 General, ILR, 75 points, first entry as HSMP confused

Post by Aqeel » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:55 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm quite confused about 75 points for ILR, I was issued with HSMP visa in april 2008 (got approval letter on 3rd march 2008) and got extension for another 3 years.

My ILR is due in april next year, I've tried to find out if do I really need to score 75 points again considering when I got HSMP I (we) were promised to qualify for ILR after being in UK for continues 5 years and for being economically active.

I've found out a paragraph on UKBA website which I would like to share with you guys, my question is, do we fall in that transitional arrangement or we must need to score 75 points at the time of ILR?

UKBA SAYS THIS

(c) If an applicant has made an application in India for entry clearance on or after 1 April 2008, or has made an application in the UK for limited leave to remain on or after 29 February 2008, and has submitted with that application a valid Highly Skilled Migrant Programme Approval Letter, the applicant will be automatically awarded 75 points under Appendix A and 10 points under Appendix B.

(ca) If an applicant has made an application other than in India for entry clearance on or after 30th June 2008, and has submitted with that application a valid Highly Skilled Migrant Programme Approval Letter, the applicant will be automatically awarded 75 points under Appendix A and 10 points under Appendix B.

Waiting for some expert opinion

Warm regards
Aqeel

Aqeel

Post by Aqeel » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:48 am

55 views not even a single reply :cry:

rubina20102010
Member of Standing

Post by rubina20102010 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:19 pm

Aqeel wrote:55 views not even a single reply :cry:
Can you please post its URL link ?

Aqeel

Post by Aqeel » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:00 pm

Hi Rubina

Here is the link, please go to the transitional arrangement paragraph on the page
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... es/part6a/

Regards
Aqeel

rubina20102010
Member of Standing

Post by rubina20102010 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:48 pm

Aqeel wrote:Hi Rubina

Here is the link, please go to the transitional arrangement paragraph on the page
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... es/part6a/

Regards
Aqeel
Please read the Requirements carefully.

The applicant must have, or have last been granted, entry clearance, leave to enter or remain as a Highly Skilled Migrant which was granted in accordance with these Rules in force on or before 8 November 2006.

Aqeel

Post by Aqeel » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:24 pm

Hmm , just wondering if people in the same boat could get together and challenge this new 75 points thing in the court, cz when we were granted HSMP approval letters there were no such rules in place.

Any thoughts?

ban.s

Re: Tier 1 General, ILR, 75 points, first entry as HSMP conf

Post by ban.s » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:05 pm

Aqeel wrote:when I got HSMP I (we) were promised to qualify for ILR after being in UK for continues 5 years and for being economically active.
'ILR to be granted based on economic activity' condition was removed since the HSMP rules were changed in Dec 2006. It was there prior to the rule changes and JR exemptions are based on that. Applicants that are not covered by HSMP JR need qualify for settlement based on the prevailing rules at the time of application.
Let us know if you find any reference to prove otherwise.