ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:14 pm

I was speaking to the Principal of the College and he said that they are making the tests harder very soon and in other words it will be really hard to pass first time round if they dont already have some sort of understanding of the English Language. I am in no way trying to scare you but thought I would share this with you as they are making things even harder, which just isnt fair!

TOEIC is one of the famous qualification used for English tests across the world and is suppose to be at the same standard in terms of scoring individual's grades [http://www.ets.org/toeic/ukba]. So the tests should be made harder or easier by any individual institute. You can check the institutes through this page for Pakistan [http://www.ets.org/epn_directory].

The requirements are very low http://www.ets.org/toeic/ukba:

Purpose of Visa - Spouse/Partner*
UKBA Level Requirement - A1

Listening — 60
Reading — not required
Speaking — 50
Writing — not required
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

fbutt09

Post by fbutt09 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:26 pm

@ Nazia

AoA Sis,

Hope you are well inshAllah.

Firstly please note that no two applications are the same. However I had the same questions running through my head as you did.

I submitted my application in Dec 11. It should have actually been submitted in Oct 11 when I just got married and was still in Pak. However it was not and we were lacking the English Test requirement. Therefore I left Pak and my wife then had to do the TOEIC exam in Nov and got the result in Dec 11.

All my bank statements were up till Aug 11. I had one or two other pieces of evidence in Sep 11. But majority of my documented evidence was three or four plus months old!

I got around this by writing (on the VAF form, last additional information page) that my wife was doing the TOEIC exam late hence why I didn’t have any more recent evidence to submit. ECO take everything into account so it is in your best interest to supply that information.

In hindsight I would say it worked in my favour and would recommend you to do the same. Rather than running around sending information to Pak at the eleventh hour.
Just write short bullet points on that last page to provide the ECO with as much information as possible. I worked on the premise that the more written information the better. My last page was a mini essay!

People scare you by saying the “all evidence needs to be as recent as one month and not a day older” but mines certainly was not. Just pack in as much info and write all additional info within the VAF form. Unless you have made a glaring error in your application, you will satisfy all the requirements and the ECO will have no option other than granting you a visa. Finally do dua and Im sure Allah SWT will answer your prayers.

Dua is the weapon of the mau’min. I found it to be invaluable in my case.

Best of luck and remember it will take as long as it takes. Just think twelve weeks timeframe and do constant Dua. Leave the rest in the hands of the All Mighty.

Allah Hafiz.

m3y

Post by m3y » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:11 pm

Hi can anyone help.. My fiance has the A1 TOEIC test coming up soon in Islamabad. Can anyone help with what sort of questions they ask and the formats etc

Any help is very much appreciated thanks

Sal5UK

Post by Sal5UK » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:20 pm

Good evening people,

Been reading this thread over the last few days. A great board, with lots of info and helpful people.

I am looking to apply for the Spouse Visa by the end of March/early April. For both myself and my brother. Both got married in Lahore mid october 2011, a double wedding. Now am collecting all relevent paper work to be sent over. Indeed a streeful job. Please dont mind, as i may have 101 queations.

Congrats to those who have got their Visa, and prayers for those who still need to get their Visa.

Sal5UK

Post by Sal5UK » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:24 pm

m3y wrote:Hi can anyone help.. My fiance has the A1 TOEIC test coming up soon in Islamabad. Can anyone help with what sort of questions they ask and the formats etc

The TOEIC one is pretty tough, but it can be passed easily if she knows abit of english. For A1 she needs 50 for speaking and 60 for Listening.
There are examples on the net, just google.

My wife passed the TOEIC listening, but failed the speaking by a margin, she shall be retaking again in 10days time. Hope she passes. Inshallah.

Sal5UK

Post by Sal5UK » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:29 pm

jalebi wrote:"A plethora of immigration tweaks were announced yesterday, mainly of a technical nature. There is still no sign of the introduction of a minimum income level nor the ending of Tier 2 settlement applications. It is beginning to seem likely that these will be announced at short notice, probably to avoid encouraging applications under the existing rules. Consider yourselves warned."

Source: http://www.freemovement.org.uk/2012/02/14/all-change/

:(
One of them listed is: •Increase in the amounts required for maintenance for all Tiers and their dependents

Does this mean i need more savings in my bank account?
or have a higher salary?

m3y

Post by m3y » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:31 pm

Sal5UK wrote:
m3y wrote:Hi can anyone help.. My fiance has the A1 TOEIC test coming up soon in Islamabad. Can anyone help with what sort of questions they ask and the formats etc

The TOEIC one is pretty tough, but it can be passed easily if she knows abit of english. For A1 she needs 50 for speaking and 60 for Listening.

My wife passed the TOEIC listening, but failed the speaking by a margin, she shall be retaking again in 10days time. Hope she passes. Inshallah.
I heard the A1 TOEIC test is one of the easier tests.. from what you are saying this isn't the case.. my wife can speak basic english so fingers crossed..

Her test is in NTS in islamabad

Sal5UK

Post by Sal5UK » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:36 pm

m3y wrote:
Sal5UK wrote:

I heard the A1 TOEIC test is one of the easier tests.. from what you are saying this isn't the case.. my wife can speak basic english so fingers crossed..

Her test is in NTS in islamabad
Have a look at ETS website and some examples, they have them there, this will give you an idea.

Its not a simple test as i personally thought it would be, esp for pakistani nationals, but for spousal pass they need a low mark to pass. 50/200 for speaking and 60/495 for listening. My brothers wife passed in 1 go, and she only trained for 3 weeks.

The thing is they need a very low mark to pass, but the questions do get harder.

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:38 pm

toeic test is the easiest..my hubby hardly knows english and he passed first tym :)

m3y

Post by m3y » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:44 pm

my wife does have a Bcom degree and is doing a IELTS language test preperation course and a university in islamabad so i am hoping she will be ok.

fingers crossed

Sal5UK

Post by Sal5UK » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:45 pm

XnailaX wrote:toeic test is the easiest..my hubby hardly knows english and he passed first tym :)
I think cos they have set the pass mark low for spouses it shouldnt be a problem... Key is to understand the question...

Sal5UK

Post by Sal5UK » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:49 pm

Can anyone advise me how do i print out my SMS text messages... My phone doesnt connect to a computer, and there is no option on the phone to send the text to email?

m3y

Post by m3y » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:08 pm

Is the a1 test all done on computer? Or is it 1-1 with a person?

prince007

Post by prince007 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:14 pm

Hyyyy Peoplee, Any Updatess ooorrr Replyyyss???...

*Nazia
BANNED

Post by *Nazia » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:04 pm

fbutt09 wrote:@ Nazia

AoA Sis,

Hope you are well inshAllah.

Firstly please note that no two applications are the same. However I had the same questions running through my head as you did.

I submitted my application in Dec 11. It should have actually been submitted in Oct 11 when I just got married and was still in Pak. However it was not and we were lacking the English Test requirement. Therefore I left Pak and my wife then had to do the TOEIC exam in Nov and got the result in Dec 11.

All my bank statements were up till Aug 11. I had one or two other pieces of evidence in Sep 11. But majority of my documented evidence was three or four plus months old!

I got around this by writing (on the VAF form, last additional information page) that my wife was doing the TOEIC exam late hence why I didn’t have any more recent evidence to submit. ECO take everything into account so it is in your best interest to supply that information.

In hindsight I would say it worked in my favour and would recommend you to do the same. Rather than running around sending information to Pak at the eleventh hour.
Just write short bullet points on that last page to provide the ECO with as much information as possible. I worked on the premise that the more written information the better. My last page was a mini essay!

People scare you by saying the “all evidence needs to be as recent as one month and not a day older” but mines certainly was not. Just pack in as much info and write all additional info within the VAF form. Unless you have made a glaring error in your application, you will satisfy all the requirements and the ECO will have no option other than granting you a visa. Finally do dua and Im sure Allah SWT will answer your prayers.

Dua is the weapon of the mau’min. I found it to be invaluable in my case.

Best of luck and remember it will take as long as it takes. Just think twelve weeks timeframe and do constant Dua. Leave the rest in the hands of the All Mighty.

Allah Hafiz.
Jazakallah Khair for the informative reply

The vaf4a form is in Pakistan with my husband, I filled it in and sent it him, shall I tell him to get his sister to write why we havent got the latest bank statement and wage slips, it was because of his english taking time?

We have it upto 1-2nd Feburary and not all off feb and the bank statement I have the January one with me now but I doubt it will reach in time because he is submitting it in 2-3days time.

m.k

Post by m.k » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:11 pm

m3y wrote:Is the a1 test all done on computer? Or is it 1-1 with a person?
It's done online I think there is live person on the other end taking the test.

Anyone need a sample of how they take the speaking test just pm me with your email adress an I will send u a sample I researched the internet and set a sample up for my huby for the whole 11 questions. U get a pretty much of an idea of wat to expect.

m.k

Post by m.k » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:17 pm

Sal5UK wrote:Can anyone advise me how do i print out my SMS text messages... My phone doesnt connect to a computer, and there is no option on the phone to send the text to email?
Dnt really think they interested in the actual txt just some evidence so an itemised billing that shows sms sent to ur wifes/husbands number. :)

jalebi

Post by jalebi » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:41 pm

Sal5UK wrote:
jalebi wrote:"A plethora of immigration tweaks were announced yesterday, mainly of a technical nature. There is still no sign of the introduction of a minimum income level nor the ending of Tier 2 settlement applications. It is beginning to seem likely that these will be announced at short notice, probably to avoid encouraging applications under the existing rules. Consider yourselves warned."

One of them listed is: •Increase in the amounts required for maintenance for all Tiers and their dependents

or have a higher salary?
I think these changes relate to student or work visas.

jalebi

Post by jalebi » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:44 pm

Sal5UK wrote:Can anyone advise me how do i print out my SMS text messages... My phone doesnt connect to a computer, and there is no option on the phone to send the text to email?
I don't think you can print out SMS text mesgs but you can get a record of texts sent if you're on a contract.

Sal5UK

Post by Sal5UK » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:52 pm

m.k wrote:
Dnt really think they interested in the actual txt just some evidence so an itemised billing that shows sms sent to ur wifes/husbands number. :)
Thanks, Printing out sms like i think some people have when applying, seems like privacy violation, unless it strengthens the case. Ill stick to itemised billing, unless someone otherwise suggests.
jalebi wrote:
I don't think you can print out SMS text mesgs but you can get a record of texts sent if you're on a contract.
Yes, i use Lyca and have ordered itemised billing which shows..

Thanks
Last edited by Sal5UK on Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sal5UK

Post by Sal5UK » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:53 pm

jalebi wrote:
Sal5UK wrote:

or have a higher salary?
I do hope so, as im sending files in end of the month, and hope rules dont change.

m.k

Post by m.k » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:06 pm

Sal5UK wrote:
m.k wrote:
Thanks, Printing out sms like i think some people have when applying, seems like privacy violation, unless it strengthens the case. Ill stick to itemised billing, unless someone otherwise suggests.
jalebi wrote:
Yes, i use Lyca and have ordered itemised billing which shows..

Thanks
Yeh I dnt think the Ecos would lyk to read our soppy txts lol and I dnt see why they should they supposed to be private :roll:

Sal5UK

Post by Sal5UK » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:53 pm

lol.. absolutely..

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:00 am

prince007 wrote:Hyyyy Peoplee, Any Updatess ooorrr Replyyyss???...

OMG I got a call from british embassy in islamabad today, they want me to come for an interview xt wk..
Is this normal I swear I havnt heard anyone being called for an interview:s
Wot should I make of this???

On the bright side they could've refused my app but they've called me for an interview..
visa-grante:25.10.12

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:08 am

jalebi wrote:
Sal5UK wrote:

or have a higher salary?
They refer to all common routes, and one of the most common route is Settlement/Spousal Visas. (I read that somewhere, so please don't quote me).
Allah is the greatest!