ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

JF
Newly Registered

Post by JF » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:14 am

[quote="syma"][quote="prince007"]Hyyyy Peoplee, Any Updatess ooorrr Replyyyss???...[/quote]

OMG I got a call from british embassy in islamabad today, they want me to come for an interview xt wk..
Is this normal I swear I havnt heard anyone being called for an interview:s
Wot should I make of this???

On the bright side they could've refused my app but they've called me for an interview..[/quote]

Dont worry Syma, it will be fine, just make sure you know the contents of your application form. GOOD LUCK!!!!!! - keep us posted...

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:35 am

hey syma...wish u all the luck in the world sis...truely...i hpe u recieve good news!!!!!...Inshallah u will b granted visa!...im praying for u sis :)

sal5uk..r u using skype ?..the eco believe that is an excellent/strong piece of evidence to show contact?...

wht else u gona show as contact?..alot of visas r refused due to showing LACK of contact so make sure u put loads of it in!..:)

how long wer u wiv wifey in pak?...u been again after u gt married?..

umm no news down my end yet :(....jus waitng til 10 march. if i dnt hear anything..im gna let ma MP kno and shes gna try and chase them for me AGAIN :(

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:47 am

guys, who wil get the determination/cal letter man?...

me or ma hubby?..(im the representative too)..i dnt hav a solicitor so...i friggin check ma emails like 50 times a day and i kno i shudnt but wht can i say...its taking foreveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.............

fbutt09

Post by fbutt09 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:18 am

*Nazia wrote:
fbutt09 wrote:@ Nazia

AoA Sis,

Hope you are well inshAllah.

Firstly please note that no two applications are the same. However I had the same questions running through my head as you did.

I submitted my application in Dec 11. It should have actually been submitted in Oct 11 when I just got married and was still in Pak. However it was not and we were lacking the English Test requirement. Therefore I left Pak and my wife then had to do the TOEIC exam in Nov and got the result in Dec 11.

All my bank statements were up till Aug 11. I had one or two other pieces of evidence in Sep 11. But majority of my documented evidence was three or four plus months old!

I got around this by writing (on the VAF form, last additional information page) that my wife was doing the TOEIC exam late hence why I didn’t have any more recent evidence to submit. ECO take everything into account so it is in your best interest to supply that information.

In hindsight I would say it worked in my favour and would recommend you to do the same. Rather than running around sending information to Pak at the eleventh hour.
Just write short bullet points on that last page to provide the ECO with as much information as possible. I worked on the premise that the more written information the better. My last page was a mini essay!

People scare you by saying the “all evidence needs to be as recent as one month and not a day older” but mines certainly was not. Just pack in as much info and write all additional info within the VAF form. Unless you have made a glaring error in your application, you will satisfy all the requirements and the ECO will have no option other than granting you a visa. Finally do dua and Im sure Allah SWT will answer your prayers.

Dua is the weapon of the mau’min. I found it to be invaluable in my case.

Best of luck and remember it will take as long as it takes. Just think twelve weeks timeframe and do constant Dua. Leave the rest in the hands of the All Mighty.

Allah Hafiz.
Jazakallah Khair for the informative reply

The vaf4a form is in Pakistan with my husband, I filled it in and sent it him, shall I tell him to get his sister to write why we havent got the latest bank statement and wage slips, it was because of his english taking time?

We have it upto 1-2nd Feburary and not all off feb and the bank statement I have the January one with me now but I doubt it will reach in time because he is submitting it in 2-3days time.
Again my situation was the same as yours. My VAF4a plus the remainder of evidence was in Pak after I left. I sent an email to my wife for all the things which should be written. She then copied verbatim.

So do the same thing. Write your exact personal situation and what you have submitted or not and a short explanation why.

The ECO will understand.

Good luck sis!

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:38 am

Thank you guys..

does anyone know of anyone who's been called for an interview like this??
do you guys think they tell me straight away if ive got the visa or not??
visa-grante:25.10.12

prince007

Post by prince007 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:03 am

Hi, everyone, i just recieved a ready for collection message..

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your email of 24/02/2012. I can confirm that the application has been processed and you will hear shortly from the Visa Application Centre (Gerry's) about how you can collect your documents. Please do not contact Gerry's directly as they will be in touch with you as soon as they receive your paperwork. You can track the whereabouts of your documents at www.ukvacpk.com .

Yours sincerely

how come it says paperwork..., i got a bad feeling for some reason

what do you bros and sisters think visa or..???..

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:12 am

prince007 wrote:Hi, everyone, i just recieved a ready for collection message..

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your email of 24/02/2012. I can confirm that the application has been processed and you will hear shortly from the Visa Application Centre (Gerry's) about how you can collect your documents. Please do not contact Gerry's directly as they will be in touch with you as soon as they receive your paperwork. You can track the whereabouts of your documents at www.ukvacpk.com .

Yours sincerely

how come it says paperwork..., i got a bad feeling for some reason

what do you bros and sisters think visa or..???..

has your online status changed yet??

dnt worry about their wording i.e paper work, they are abit careless with it. i got a interview call letter today in email stating my visa catory to be student visa:s i had to call them and get it rectified, the guy said we deal with too many queries at a time so mistakes can happen..

prince007

Post by prince007 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:32 am

Yeh it changed online also, im just worried duunno whats gnna happen..

Hopefully your interview should go cool, Makesure you revise everything you wrote in your form and stuff..

shamailaubaid

Post by shamailaubaid » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:34 am

prince 007 when did u submit ur documents and where?
if u dnt mind me asking
submitted @ lahore 07/02/12
waited 65 working days
Ready for Collection: 9/5/12
picking up 10/5/12
Visa Granted

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:42 am

prince007 wrote:Yeh it changed online also, im just worried duunno whats gnna happen..

Hopefully your interview should go cool, Makesure you revise everything you wrote in your form and stuff..
hurryyy uppp get it collected today its nearly 4pm here and they are open till 5pm.
inshAllah u'll get the visas:)

prince007

Post by prince007 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:10 am

Yeh Told my wife Shes going, yh Thank you syma bt still have the bad feeling.. will update you lot later..

broo heres my timeline

App submitted 22/12/11
under process in bhc 10/01/12
ready for collection 02/03/12

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:17 am

bad feelin *smile*...

we al hav a bad feeling cos its a 50-50 chance init..cos u dnt kno if its granted or refused..so jus hope and pray she gets it..i mean it is friday today so...(having said that my hubbys visa was refused on friday too lol)..

oh and also bro whtever the outcome may b...rememebr its from Allah..:)

m.k

Post by m.k » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:49 am

syma wrote:
prince007 wrote:Hyyyy Peoplee, Any Updatess ooorrr Replyyyss???...

OMG I got a call from british embassy in islamabad today, they want me to come for an interview xt wk..

On the bright side they could've refused my app but they've called me for an interview..
Iv read somewhere dnt remember if its this forum or some other one but someone was called in for interview they just verify information given in the application form i think its for people with complicated applications was urs complicated?

Anyway that person wasnt told straight away he heard a week later or so and the visa was granted.

Dnt lose hope sis jus pray an i will pray for u an im sure the rest of them here will too........ :)

Also with ur english being really fluent u will understand everything they ask so thats an advantage also i think when they do interviews like that im sure ur asked what language u prefer so go with what ur most comfortable with u will be ok inshallah.

Keep us updated. :)

m.k

Post by m.k » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:51 am

@ naila sis

Normally they will email the applicant for call letter.

Dnt worry sis u will hear something soon and inshallah it will be good news. :)

m.k

Post by m.k » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:56 am

Alot of people tend to hear something on a friday i mean where are they the rest of the week while were stressing non stop! :(

prince007 hurry up with the update lol looking forward to hearing from u.

So with prince007 collecting passport today and syma being called with interview does that mean all the december applicants have heard something now or is there anyone left???

Roll on roll on january applicants hope u all hear some good news. :)

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:09 pm

thankyou m.k...Inshallah :)

kar14
Newly Registered

Post by kar14 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:40 pm

I'm a December applicant still waiting to hear! It's been 10 weeks today!

Longness!!

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:44 pm

m.k wrote:
syma wrote:
prince007 wrote:Hyyyy Peoplee, Any Updatess ooorrr Replyyyss???...

On the bright side they could've refused my app but they've called me for an interview..
Iv read somewhere dnt remember if its this forum or some other one but someone was called in for interview they just verify information given in the application form i think its for people with complicated applications was urs complicated?

Anyway that person wasnt told straight away he heard a week later or so and the visa was granted.

Dnt lose hope sis jus pray an i will pray for u an im sure the rest of them here will too........ :)

Also with ur english being really fluent u will understand everything they ask so thats an advantage also i think when they do interviews like that im sure ur asked what language u prefer so go with what ur most comfortable with u will be ok inshallah.

Keep us updated. :)
yes my app is a lil complicated, but i am sure they'll be able to see its a genuine marriage, i am planing to take all the paper work with me. InshAllah all wiil be fine..

i think now january applicants will start hearing news ina week or so:)

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:47 pm

kar14 wrote:I'm a December applicant still waiting to hear! It's been 10 weeks today!

Longness!!
]

u'll def hear xt week Inshallah..

prince007

Post by prince007 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:07 pm

Hey people, My wifes visa has been refused dont know on what tho she will email me the letter later, this is really stressingg.

Can any1 tell me whats the procedure of appeal?
and what steps does it go through and how long will it take?..

App submitted 22/12/11
under process in bhc 10/01/12
ready for collection 02/03/12
refused

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:16 pm

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no!!!!..:( :( :(

im soo sorry to hear ur sad news prince bro..:(

Hashim89

Post by Hashim89 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:16 pm

still no sign of the passport - submitted it on 6th Feb :(
Submitted: 15/07/2011 - Lahore
Rejected
Appeal Lodged: 9/09/2011
AIT Date given: 30th January 2012
** Decision Overturned **
Call In Letter Received: 31st January 2012.
Passport Collected ** 14th March 2012 **

prince007

Post by prince007 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:25 pm

XnailaX wrote:ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no!!!!..:( :( :(

im soo sorry to hear ur sad news prince bro..:(
Hey its ok, naila sis, can you tell me the procedure of appeal if you dont mind... plzzz.

General30

Post by General30 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:32 pm

Hashim89 wrote:still no sign of the passport - submitted it on 6th Feb :(
My wifes passport has not been returned yet either she submitted on the 01/02/2012 it's been over a month now it's stressing me out it just says application under process at bhc hope we hear something next week inshallah
Refused on 23/09/2011
Appealed on 06/10/2011
Acknowledgement received 14/10/2011
Date given 22/02/2012
Call in letter recieved 24/01/2012
Passport submitted 01/02/2012
Passport returned 05/03/2012
Visa issued alhamdulilah
Wife in UK 22/03/2012

JF
Newly Registered

Post by JF » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:06 pm

[quote="prince007"][quote="XnailaX"]ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no!!!!..:( :( :(

im soo sorry to hear ur sad news prince bro..:([/quote]

Hey its ok, naila sis, can you tell me the procedure of appeal if you dont mind... plzzz.[/quote]

Hey Prince, Sorry to hear that, your wife should have recieved a bundle stating reason for refusal and how to go about submitting the documents. You will have 28 days to submit your appeal. ask her to scan and send you the bundle they gave as you will need to send the appeal documents to Leicester

useful links: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ppeal-fees

http://www.justice.gov.uk/forms/hmcts/i ... and-asylum
Last edited by JF on Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.