ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ACMA approved accountancy firm

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bmurali
Newly Registered

ACMA approved accountancy firm

Post by bmurali » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:20 pm

Hello friends

I was told by my accountant that ACMA stands for “Associate of Chartered Management Accountants” which are the letters to be shown by a CIMA qualified accountant.
Is it acceptable to provide an accountant reference letter with ACMA qualification?

Thanks in advance
Murali.

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: ACMA approved accountancy firm

Post by ScopeD » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:32 pm

bmurali wrote:Hello friends

I was told by my accountant that ACMA stands for “Associate of Chartered Management Accountants” which are the letters to be shown by a CIMA qualified accountant.
Is it acceptable to provide an accountant reference letter with ACMA qualification?

Thanks in advance
Murali.
Your answer lies here:
112. evidence from an accountant or accountancy firm the accountant must be either a fully qualified chartered accountant or a certified accountant who is a member of a registered body. If the earnings were for work done while the applicant was in the UK, such evidence must come from an accountant or accountancy firm in the UK who is a member of a recognised supervisory body. These are: The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW); the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland (ICAS); the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland (ICAI); the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA); the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA); or the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA). If the earnings were made while the applicant was not in the UK, the evidence must come from one of the above accountants or from an accountant or accountancy firm on the list of full members given on the website of the International Federation of Accountants, on http://web.ifac.org/about/member-bodies

This means that you are ok to use your accountant with the ACMA letters(CIMA's designation).

Source: UKBA's Policy Guidance
Last edited by ScopeD on Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:33 pm

Should be ok I guess. Go through this :-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chartered_ ... ccountants

but still wait for some seniors to reply

bmurali
Newly Registered

Post by bmurali » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:53 pm

Thanks Guys for your confirmation.