ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 2nd extension before 14 months - PEO croydon success

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dwhsrinath
Newly Registered

Tier 1 2nd extension before 14 months - PEO croydon success

Post by Dwhsrinath » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:34 pm

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the valuable information on this forum, it was helpful in getting me an extension. Following are my details.

Today me and my wife went for a tier 1 second extension at croydon. Our leave to remain is til may 2013, but because we are falling short of 4 months for ILR we needed to go for this extension also wanted to save money as the application fee is going up from next month.

My case was straight forward with a permanant job, I submitted pay slips, bank statements and a letter from employer.

My case worker was fuss free and didn't ask any questions except if I was self employed or permanant employee.she took about an hour and then informed us that our application was successful and that we have been give 3 years of extension starting from today. feel free to ask me any further questions

Cheers
Srinath

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Re: Tier 1 2nd extension before 14 months - PEO croydon succ

Post by UKBALoveStory » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:39 pm

Dwhsrinath wrote:Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the valuable information on this forum, it was helpful in getting me an extension. Following are my details.

Today me and my wife went for a tier 1 second extension at croydon. Our leave to remain is til may 2013, but because we are falling short of 4 months for ILR we needed to go for this extension also wanted to save money as the application fee is going up from next month.

My case was straight forward with a permanant job, I submitted pay slips, bank statements and a letter from employer.

My case worker was fuss free and didn't ask any questions except if I was self employed or permanant employee.she took about an hour and then informed us that our application was successful and that we have been give 3 years of extension starting from today. feel free to ask me any further questions

Cheers
Srinath
Why you get three years extension? I thought it will be 2 years?

raholptl

Post by raholptl » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:50 pm

Conguralations, I just want to ask why did you add the employer letter? Is it somthing mandatory? Thanks in advance

Rahol

Cheers
Srinath

Dwhsrinath
Newly Registered

Post by Dwhsrinath » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:48 pm

Thank you Rahol, i think we need to provide either P60 or a letter from employer just confirming that you work there along with your annual salary( i also requested my employer to add a table listing last 12 months salary break up) .

Thanks
raholptl wrote:Conguralations, I just want to ask why did you add the employer letter? Is it somthing mandatory? Thanks in advance

Rahol

Cheers
Srinath

Dwhsrinath
Newly Registered

Post by Dwhsrinath » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:51 pm

Not sure, when i came here first i got 2 years visa then extended for 3 years. I expected that i will get 2 years but i got 3. May be i was lucky :) :)
tahirnaveed wrote:

Cheers
Srinath
Why you get three years extension? I thought it will be 2 years?

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:43 pm

Could anyone else with the 2nd T1(g) extention confirm if they get a 2 or 3 yr visa? I would imagine its 2 years. But I am happy to be proved wrong.

-H

bond.boy203

Post by bond.boy203 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:11 am

it depends on how long your original visa was granted..

if your initial visa was granted for 2 years, then all the following extensions will be 3 years and if original visa was for 3 years then all the following extensions will be 2 years..

anjalimaj
Newly Registered

Post by anjalimaj » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:54 am

Hello,

Congratulations on your visa and Good luck for your ILR.
I have the same problem about applying Tier-1 General visa extension before 5 months. I may have to post my application as there are no dates available for PEO. I am a permanent employee and have worked 6 months in a different company and 6 months with my current employer. Can you please let me know if you kept any covering letter or any documents to validate why you are applying earlier than 1 month of your visa expiry. Also should I get a letter from my previous employer also that I was working there with my annual salary and monthly breakups or the payslips are sufficient?

Your response will be much appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Anjali

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:32 pm

My initial T1(G) visa was for 3 years. Got the 1st extension last year for 2 years. I have a second extension coming up next year. I am wondering what will be my visa duration then.

-H

Dwhsrinath
Newly Registered

Post by Dwhsrinath » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:44 pm

Thanks Anjali
I suggest you to check daily 12 in the midnight( fill the form before hand by logging in 3-4 minutes early). You will surely get PEO appointment.

Regarding the cover letter, i carried it with me but never gave it to the case worker. The rules are now clear, you dont need to justify why you are going for an early extension as they grant the new visa from the date of application( ie., if you apply well before one month of your visa expiry).

Because you have worked with the present employer for only 6 months you will not be able to provide last 12 months of breakup So I suggest you take a letter from employer confirming your annual salary it will definitely help. Also if you have previous P60s carry it with you , because my case worker has asked for them, i didnt had them instead i gave her the letter from employer and she was ok with it.

Cheers
Srinath
anjalimaj wrote:Hello,

Congratulations on your visa and Good luck for your ILR.
I have the same problem about applying Tier-1 General visa extension before 5 months. I may have to post my application as there are no dates available for PEO. I am a permanent employee and have worked 6 months in a different company and 6 months with my current employer. Can you please let me know if you kept any covering letter or any documents to validate why you are applying earlier than 1 month of your visa expiry. Also should I get a letter from my previous employer also that I was working there with my annual salary and monthly breakups or the payslips are sufficient?

Your response will be much appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Anjali

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:51 pm

Congrat and best wishes.

Q1: But why you say 2nd extension ?

Q2: Is employers letter required?
Because if you send payslip and employers letter ,it comes from same source.

Thanks.

Dwhsrinath
Newly Registered

Post by Dwhsrinath » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:09 pm

Yes, its my second extension. I already had an extension in 2010 once. Because i am falling short of 4 months for ILR i had to apply another extension.

Regarding employers letter, you are right as they both come from the same source and it is not needed. I just carried it with me as additional documentation

Cheers
Srinath
esmsi wrote:Congrat and best wishes.

Q1: But why you say 2nd extension ?

Q2: Is employers letter required?
Because if you send payslip and employers letter ,it comes from same source.

Thanks.

anjalimaj
Newly Registered

Post by anjalimaj » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:24 pm

Thanks for your response Srinath,

May I ask you what did you mention in the Covering Letter regarding early application?

Thanks,
Anjali

Dwhsrinath
Newly Registered

Post by Dwhsrinath » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:35 pm

I wrote that my employer needs long visa validity for business reasons. Please go ahead in writing this as they will not ask any further questions. One of my friend for his postal application wrote the same in covering letter and he got his extension 7 months before expiry.

All the best
C
heers
Srinath
anjalimaj wrote:Thanks for your response Srinath,

May I ask you what did you mention in the Covering Letter regarding early application?

Thanks,
Anjali

anjalimaj
Newly Registered

Post by anjalimaj » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:36 pm

Thats brilliant... thank you very much Srinath...

Your responses are very much appreciated :)

Cheers,
Anjali

pkumar
Member of Standing

Post by pkumar » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:14 pm

Came here on HSMP in 2008 .... 1st extention 2010 ... planning for 2nd extention this year 2012 ....

Here is what calculator provides

- Enter the date of your first successful Tier 1 application.
10/04/2010
Help on this question (opens new window)

- Are you in the UK under the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP)? If you think you may be covered by the terms of the HSMP Forum Judicial Review Policy Document see 'Help on this question' before answering this question. (if you say YES) then it will say ...
You must enter a first successful application date of 29/02/2008 if you are seeking to extend your stay having been granted leave under the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme.

So does that mean you need to go by the date of 29/02/2008?
Kindly confirm

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:23 pm

Cheers
Srinath
did you submit covering letter as well ? did he look it ?

pkumar
Member of Standing

Post by pkumar » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:27 pm

Dwhsrinath .... can you please answer my query please?

starmit
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Second extension

Post by starmit » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:01 pm

Dwhsrinath wrote:Yes, its my second extension. I already had an extension in 2010 once. Because i am falling short of 4 months for ILR i had to apply another extension.

Cheers
Srinath
Dear Srinath,

Hello! Good to hear your case.
My case is in thread below: Arrived 233 days late to UK and have got 1st extension for me and my family on Oct 2011. We have not been out of UK till now.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=88638

Can you suggest what's the proper time to apply for 2nd extension? My visa expires in October 2013. Also will there be any hitches in ILR if 5 years are spent continuously in UK even if arrival to UK is 233 days late?

Thanks.
Kind Regards,
Amit

adinas
Newly Registered

Post by adinas » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:53 pm

Hi Everyone,

I though this thread would be the right one to share my experience with 2nd extension of my Tier1 visa.

I got EC under HSMP transitional arrangements for 3 years valid till 08-Dec-2011

Gone for 1st extension (7months early) @ Croydon and got 2yrs extension valid till 18-May-2013

Gone for 2nd extension on 28th Nov 2012 (6 months early) @Croydon and got the visa for 3 years valid till 28-Nov-2015.

I am also surprised by seeing 3yrs extension..:o

Cheers,
adinas