ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Hours reduced 30% > 1year and ILR 10 yrs

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dino99

Hours reduced 30% > 1year and ILR 10 yrs

Post by Dino99 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:45 pm

Hi,

I have been working under T 2 General. My employer reduced my working hours by 30% effecting from 1 Feb 2011 and promised to review after a year.

However, I applied for ILR on the basis of 10 years on mid Feb 2012. My employer still did not increased my hour as its over 1 year of the allowed period of reduction of working hours.

Please note here my wife also stay here as Dependent of T 2 General. As my employer came to know that I applied for ILR they are not willing to increase the hour back to normal. And they are thinking to inform HO the hours reduction & possibly cancel my T 2 while I am in the process of ILR.

My questions are how it can effect me? What should I do from my part? How about my wife, I was thinking to apply FLR(M) for her in coming months?

Really worried to the bit. Your expert advice will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Dino99

Post by Dino99 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:34 pm

nearly 75 views but no reply. Experts please give your comments.

gupta_ust

Post by gupta_ust » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:37 am

As long as you meet the below requirement, no need to worry.

(d) The sponsor that issued the Certificate of Sponsorship that led to the applicant's last grant of leave must certify in writing that:

(i) he still requires the applicant for the employment in question, and
(ii) his employer certifies that he is paid at or above the appropriate rate for the job as stated in the codes of practice for Tier 2 sponsors published by the UK Border Agency