ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (General) Extension (Main+ Dependent)-Marriage Cert.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Tier 1 (General) Extension (Main+ Dependent)-Marriage Cert.

Post by silent_warrior » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:47 am

Need advise from fellow members and Seniors. My initial Tier 1 General was granted in April 2009 .I am planning to apply for my Tier 1(General) Extension + Dependent extension, by post next month. I wanted to know if anybody has posted their application without a Marriage Certificate?
During my initial application of Tier 1 dependent, we provided all documents (including Marriage certificate) resulting in a success. However, I have seen on this forum there is a lot of emphasis of applicants providing their marriage certificate again, for their extension. I was wondering if anyone has had success/ rejection when the Marriage certificate is not provided the second time.
The second question I have is, I don't share a common document, other than a tenancy agreement where both are names appear together. My bank statements have only my name on it. My wife still holds her maiden on her passport. She does have proof of address documents like NHS card, Utility Bill, Electoral Register reflecting the address we live is (the same address appears on my bank statement)
Now my question is, will this suffice. Rest of my documents (funds, salary, points) seem intact. Its only one document that carries both our names together which is tenancy agreement. Will this be enough?
Please can someone advise

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:23 am

My extension is July 2012. I will not give marriage certificate .
My wife came as psw dependent visa.Later I switch tier1 .Now its a old story.

I have the documents at home.If they asked , I will give.

dnedunga
Newly Registered

Post by dnedunga » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:02 pm

@silent_warrior - I have the same query. My initial tier 1 was granted in April 2009, and due for extension now. I am going to send my marriage certificate anyway (why not send if you have).

Regarding your second question - I haven't seen any requirement in the guidance document that asks to send a document that shows both the main applicant name and dependent name. Have you seen this specifically somewhere? I was not planning to send any, but now I am in two minds (I have the council tax statement that shows my wife as co-payer).

Can someone experienced help us here?

Cheers,
Dil

ashehzi

Post by ashehzi » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:25 pm

I am also applying for extension in 10 days or so. I have to apply along with my wife and daughter.

For husband-wife relationship, i am planning to attach marriage certificate along with its translation in English. I tried seeing inside the tier-1 dependent app form, but i don't see anywhere if it is necessary, but attaching it won't hurt, i guess.

For child-parent relationship, i am attaching CRC (Child Registration Certificate) along with its English translation. Again, i don't think its necessary but seems like its better to attach it. My daughter's passport does mention my name as her father, and the passport is recently renewed, so in reality it should suffix.

Based on experience on this forum, it seems, it all depends on Case Workers. So, attaching the relationship document won't hurt.

For proof of address of wife and daughter, i am not attaching anything. I don't see anywhere that it is a must, but attaching NHS registration copies seems a good idea and attaching the photocopies won't hurt.

Does it mean anywhere in Tier-1 Main Applicant Application Form or Tier-1 Dependent Form that we need to send proof of address? No i guess. The reason is your bank statements and salary slips anyway mention your address. So, attaching additional document doesn't seem logical. If you are so curious, attach your driving license photocopy.

regards

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:28 pm

dnedunga wrote:@silent_warrior - I have the same query. My initial tier 1 was granted in April 2009, and due for extension now. I am going to send my marriage certificate anyway (why not send if you have).

Regarding your second question - I haven't seen any requirement in the guidance document that asks to send a document that shows both the main applicant name and dependent name. Have you seen this specifically somewhere? I was not planning to send any, but now I am in two minds (I have the council tax statement that shows my wife as co-payer).

Can someone experienced help us here?

Cheers,
Dil
Apologies for not being very clear. Unfortunately, my marriage certificate has been misplaced while moving accomodation. By the time I apply for a duplicate copy from home country, it might take a while. So I was curious whether it is mandatory
My second question was merely to try and cover my tracks, in order to compensate for a marriage document to show the 'subsisting' aspect of the relationship requirement on the form(though it does not mention you need to provide any documents to prove that).

Of course, It is not mentioned anywhere that you need a document with both applicants (main+dependent) names on it. This was only a secondary plan (or thought) I was thinking to go with if my marriage certificate duplicate does not arrive in time