ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Waiting for ILR and new employment, advice needed.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

blibul017
Newly Registered

Waiting for ILR and new employment, advice needed.

Post by blibul017 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:42 am

Dear Members

I'm currently under tier 2 visa which runs out in early July. I submitted my application for ILR on 10 year long residence ground about 8 weeks ago. About 4 weeks ago I received an offer from other company for a job desperately want to do.

I verbally accepted the offer and told the new employer I will only hand in my notice after my ILR gets approved. Now they have been waiting for 4 weeks for my desicion plus my 3 months notice period with my current company they are likely to wait for 4 to 5 months. I got a feeling they have slowly run out of patience.

My quesiton is:

In the immigration law, it says if an applicant is awaiting for result for new visa, his/her current leave to remain is valid until the outcome of the application is given.

I am tempted to hand in my notice now and hoping that ILR will be approved while I spend my 3 months notice period. if by the point I cease my current employment I still haven't heard the outcome of my ILR application. Will I still have a valid leave? I suspect not because my current tier 2 visa is tied to my current employer. But the other hand, I still think it might be ok because of the first argument.

Is there anyone had similar experiences, or is there any document or rule that I can refer to?

blibul017
Newly Registered

Post by blibul017 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:09 pm

Any suggestions will be very much appreciated

Smam

Post by Smam » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:15 am

Hi

I believe that you've answered your question by your self mate. I would not recommend you take any risk.

As you know that UKBA will look for that last reason to not to issue the ILR I am trying to be optimistic but realistic as well so can't really suggest you taking any risks.

And you know if they want to give you the ILR no matter even if you change the company that should be ok but if they dont want they'll definitely make that as a great excuse to not to give you an ILR

I believe this was my advice and every one is the best judge of their decisions.

blibul017
Newly Registered

Post by blibul017 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:59 am

Smam wrote:Hi

I believe that you've answered your question by your self mate. I would not recommend you take any risk.

As you know that UKBA will look for that last reason to not to issue the ILR I am trying to be optimistic but realistic as well so can't really suggest you taking any risks.

And you know if they want to give you the ILR no matter even if you change the company that should be ok but if they dont want they'll definitely make that as a great excuse to not to give you an ILR

I believe this was my advice and every one is the best judge of their decisions.
On what ground they are going to reject my ILR then, my employment ceases 6 month after my 10 years period. If I don't withdrawal my ILR application, are they going to withdrawal the application for me and send me packing?